Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-16-2020, 02:34 PM   #21
51504bat

Default Re: Delivery problem for parts

Last week I was expecting a delivery from Amazon. When I checked the tracking info it said delivered but no package on the front porch like normal. When I checked for more detail it said it was delivered to the mail room. Mail room? This is a private residence. Walked down the 150 foot drive to the mail box at the street and sure enough the package was stuffed in the mail box. I guess the driver was either too busy or too lazy to walk from the street to the house. I'm assuming the driver had to input where the package was delivered and delivery to a USPS mail box isn't an option so all of a sudden I now had a mail room! Regardless, I got the package but I'm glad the letter carrier had already delivered for the day or there might have been an issue.
Old 05-16-2020, 02:59 PM   #22
Mac VP

Erlanger, Kentucky is less than 10 miles from the Greater Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky International Airport. There are multiple major shippers and distribution centers all within minutes of the place. You should probably assume that the package is lurking in some dark corner, under a skid of iron castings, and that the handling equipment scraped off the flimsy address label. I’m sure you’ll get prompt attention by alerting the appropriate virtual peoples on the company website......

Quote:
Originally Posted by my4dv8 View Post
What’s up with these international distribution centres.? They seem to be the hold up. I cant complain too much as my small seal took a week to go 120 miles ,tracking says delivered . Can’t be delivered as its not in NZ yet. Apparently delivered means delivered to an international distribution centre in a small town in KY. So its been sitting in Erlanger KY for 8 days now. I appreciate things are slow at present, but i doubt this small town even has an airport.
www.vanpeltsales.com
www.classictransmission.com
Mac VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 03:28 PM   #23
35fordtn

I had to file 14 claims with usps this past week alone. Twelve of the 14 were international. It’s not a isolated issue, believe me.
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 04:00 PM   #24
FritzJr

I find that FedEx is very predictable. They always always deliver my packages to my neighbor, two houses away.
FritzJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 04:23 PM   #25
flatford8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35fordtn View Post
I had to file 14 claims with usps this past week alone. Twelve of the 14 were international. It’s not a isolated issue, believe me.
Have you ever filed a damage claim on an insured item?.... I’m having my first go at that tomorrow...I shipped the radio from my ‘50 and they bent the volume and tuning shafts.... I have a lot of pics and paperwork... we’ll see how it goes... Mark
Billy Joe Shaver
flatford8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 04:25 PM   #26
35fordtn

If it was usps priority mail, they “may” reimburse you something but usually not over $50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2020, 04:31 PM   #27
flatford8

I paid for insurance. Like I stated in an earlier post .... I haul mail and I see how it gets handled but I can’t imagine throwing a heavy radio.... I should have known better and went with UPS.... thanks.... Mark
Billy Joe Shaver
Old 05-16-2020, 04:33 PM   #28
35fordtn

I’m sorry I missed the part about it being insured. I typically do not use their insurance so I’m not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2020, 05:15 PM   #29
51504bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatford8 View Post
Have you ever filed a damage claim on an insured item?.... I’m having my first go at that tomorrow...I shipped the radio from my ‘50 and they bent the volume and tuning shafts.... I have a lot of pics and paperwork... we’ll see how it goes... Mark
I sold a pair of flathead water pumps to a guy for a little less than $50.00 shipped. I used a USPS priority mail flat rate box which included $50.00 insurance. During transit something penetrated the box and damaged one of the pumps. USPS told me I had to file the claim since I shipped the pumps even though the buyer had the damaged box and pumps. I filed the paperwork and had to submit verification of the value of the pumps. I pulled something off the internet showing pumps were worth more than the $50.00 insurance value. I did get a check for $50.00. I had already refunded the buyer his money so in the end I didn't loose any money and the buyer got one good pump for free. IIRC the pulley got bent so the damaged pump might have been fixable with a new pulley.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:29 PM   #30
Lawrie

Same in Australia
I,m waiting for cam followers from the USA shipped on usps, by the tracking number took 3 days to get out of the USA on 5th April , tracking now just says its on its way , still no sign of it.
Lawrie

Last edited by Lawrie; 05-16-2020 at 05:30 PM. Reason: spieling
Lawrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 05:43 PM   #31
Lanny

I've heard that if you put FRAGILE in Big red
letters on the box, the delivery people will throw
them under-handed and only with their left arm.

Old 05-16-2020, 05:49 PM   #32
51504bat

Talking Re: Delivery problem for parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
I've heard that if you put FRAGILE in Big red
letters on the box, the delivery people will throw
them under-handed and only with their left arm.

But they are all left handed fast pitch soft ball pitchers.
Old 05-16-2020, 06:46 PM   #33
flatford8

You guys are not giving me much hope!!��......Mark
Billy Joe Shaver
Old 05-17-2020, 04:35 AM   #34
Dave Slater

I think we will be waiting a lot longer. James posted my air freight package a week before yours and it's still in New York - most likely sitting right next to your package. Dave in Australia
Dave Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 05:16 PM   #35
Lawrie

Dave my delivery is up to tomorrow, so will wait a few days and check,
Lawrie
Old 05-17-2020, 06:04 PM   #36
tubman

I think the delivery companies are finally getting overwhelmed because of the current situation. On the 12th of May, I ordered a common toilet part (a Prime item for cripes sake), and Amazon said it would be delivered on May 14th. On the 16th, they sent me a generic email saying that my shipment had been delayed, and they would send an email when it goes out.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 09:13 PM   #37
35fordtn

A interesting message from eBay today that affects you international guys:

"
Dear 1935fordtn,

Export delivery constraints continue to be applied due to service impacts related to COVID-19. To resolve widespread flight cancellations affecting deliveries to open global locations, USPS has shifted from air to sea transportation until air transportation capacity becomes available. Delivery delays from the change to ocean freight are as long as an additional 20 days minimum. The arrival of packages to its final destination will depend on time at sea and duration of customs.

What package services are affected?
These service disruptions affect Priority Mail Express International® (PMEI), Priority Mail International® (PMI), First-Class Mail International® (FCMI), First-Class Package International Service® (FCPIS®), International Priority Airmail® (IPA®), International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®), and M-Bag® items.

What can you do?
• Use alternative shipping programs. eBay’s global shipping and international standard delivery services may not fit every need for your exports, but you can mitigate the impact to your business by using into these programs. Both services are able to deliver to countries that do not have border suspensions. Check the tables here for country details.
• Review your affected orders. At the end of this email, we’ve outlined the order transactions that now have extended delivery times.
• Contact the buyer. We will be reaching out to buyers to let them know their orders will be delayed. Your help in responding to them through each order may help prevent claims.

Based on your order history, here is a sample of the transactions that are en route but potentially delayed by sea transport. Please review your April transactions for all orders that may have been affected.

We know this is a frustrating development. Unexpected changes can happen under these unprecedented circumstances. During this time, know that buyer feedback and defects resulting from shipping delay or disruption beyond your control will be removed and your seller standing will remain "
Old 05-18-2020, 10:25 PM   #38
Phil Gillespie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35fordtn View Post
A interesting message from eBay today that affects you international guys:

"
Dear 1935fordtn,

Export delivery constraints continue to be applied due to service impacts related to COVID-19. To resolve widespread flight cancellations affecting deliveries to open global locations, USPS has shifted from air to sea transportation until air transportation capacity becomes available. Delivery delays from the change to ocean freight are as long as an additional 20 days minimum. The arrival of packages to its final destination will depend on time at sea and duration of customs.

What package services are affected?
These service disruptions affect Priority Mail Express International® (PMEI), Priority Mail International® (PMI), First-Class Mail International® (FCMI), First-Class Package International Service® (FCPIS®), International Priority Airmail® (IPA®), International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®), and M-Bag® items.

What can you do?
• Use alternative shipping programs. eBay’s global shipping and international standard delivery services may not fit every need for your exports, but you can mitigate the impact to your business by using into these programs. Both services are able to deliver to countries that do not have border suspensions. Check the tables here for country details.
• Review your affected orders. At the end of this email, we’ve outlined the order transactions that now have extended delivery times.
• Contact the buyer. We will be reaching out to buyers to let them know their orders will be delayed. Your help in responding to them through each order may help prevent claims.

Based on your order history, here is a sample of the transactions that are en route but potentially delayed by sea transport. Please review your April transactions for all orders that may have been affected.

We know this is a frustrating development. Unexpected changes can happen under these unprecedented circumstances. During this time, know that buyer feedback and defects resulting from shipping delay or disruption beyond your control will be removed and your seller standing will remain "
Thanks for the update and clarfication as some of mine date back to April so these maybe by sea. They are on the way and not lost.
Phil NZ
Phil Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 10:32 PM   #39
Lawrie

Thanks For that freight info, at least now we know roughly how long and why.
Lawrie
Old 05-19-2020, 03:33 PM   #40
my4dv8

Thanks for posting that 35fordtn. So obviously a very few orders still come by air, the rest get seasick . I had an order from Rock Auto arrive in the midddle of our lock down in 6 days to NZ. Meanwhile i have 3 other small seperate orders still in the US after 21 days? The mysteries of the postal system .
my4dv8 is offline   Reply With Quote