Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2020, 03:56 AM   #1
Paul Bennett

Default Portable power for lightss, sm pwr equipt

Background: My 1950 Mercury is close to being driveable. An Engine swap and last minute wiring cleanup occupy most of the to-do-list items. Having to perform automotive work in a parking lot, toold in the out of the bed of my Ranger, I anticipate AC power needs for lights drills etc. I am in an 'independant living senior Apartment,' 1/2 mile from the location of the car. running. That should change in a few months, paying a mechanic for the engine swap at his exhaust shop.

I've replaced all rubber and fluids, and I converted the wiring to 12v while I still had a house/garage to work from. The car and my tool box is stuffed into a golf cart shed. for overnight storage. actual work can be done curbside, just don't need a bathroom. This is 1/2 mi from my apartment with no electrical power. Hence the topic of my thread. I need light.

The issue and providing a suitable work place:

I anticipate a 120vac need for 120v ac to power lights, soldering equipment, drill power, battery chargeretc. I think 500 watts would provide a quiet gasoline engine/ of equipment for this As there are always litle-olf-ladies who dislike noise, the size should be minimal.

What are you using or have used camping or at a buddies, which fits the bill, not overkill or too noisy.
Paul Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote