Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-06-2016, 12:04 PM   #1
melisa

Default brake convertion thread

trying to convert my 38 coupe to juice. is there a thread to this topic. I don't seem able to find it. When I bought this project it had the hydraulics on all four wheels. I purchased a set of 39 pedals but it seem for them to work The frame will need some modification. Looking for any info on what needs to be done. Tks for the help. Melisa
melisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:48 PM   #2
Ronnie

Default Re: brake convertion thread

This should help a bit of reading but sip some wine and read on.

https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en-C...pe=&as_rights=

R
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 04:29 PM   #3
mrtexas

You might get a hold of Richard Lacey if you want to use 38 pedals. Yes 39 pedals do require quite a bit of surgery to work. Richard has a template for what to cut for the 39 pedals. I cut up my frame to use 39 pedals on my 36.

http://www.earlyv8garage.net/

"We manufacture HERE IN THE USA our exclusive no-modification kits to install early Ford/Lockheed or new Lincoln-Bendix brakes on your 1932-1938 Ford. We supply ALL fittings, hoses, brackets and fasteners required, including pre-bent lines that fit. No cutting or welding is required, and NO drilling is required on 1932-1933-1934 models. One (1) extra hole is required (in the LH rear radius rod for the rear T fitting) on 1935-1936 models, and seven (7) extra holes are required (in the rear radius rods for the rear T fitting and line clips) on 1937-1938 models. Otherwise, our kits use ONLY existing holes in the original frame, and utilize the original unmodified pedals, and it is NOT necessary to relocate the battery on 1932-1936 models. The basic Master Cylinder kits also include linkage to connect the original handbrake handle to the rear cable loop originally used by Ford on 1942-1948 systems. Our kits can be uninstalled without leaving any trace (except for the extra holes on 1935-1936-1937-1938 models) should someone elect to revert to original mechanical brakes. "
mrtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:44 PM   #4
qmdv

Early V*8 garage guy is first class.

Tim
qmdv is offline   Reply With Quote