Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2019, 10:14 PM   #1
GB SISSON

Default Sheared starter drive bolt

I went down to the shop after work to do the usual battle with this new to me AA cut down truck. Before I could deal with the issues I wanted to address The starter spun but didn't turn the flywheel... So I started it with the crank..... But I want electric start. I pulled the starter and found a sheared off bolt. My wife was due home in 20 minutes ... A bolt had sheared off in the drive. 12 v conversion done by PO ,,, any surprise?> Looking at the green bible I see the drives are similar. I have a half dozen Flathead v8 starters here in a heap. Are the bolts the same? Do I* need to order some starter drive bolts or do I already have some? Wife and I in the middle of dinner now............
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is online now   Reply With Quote