Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-25-2012, 04:03 AM   #1
ken ct
BANNED

Default Hiawassie meet.

I would like to publicly thank Wayne D. and the whole Ga. meet members for the help you gave me on the Fairgrounds nitely fee.Most of it was taken care of by the host club.I thank you from the bottom of my heart.What a great bunch of guys down there.I think thats a first for any club as far as i know in the yrs ive been doing Nationals.I guess they appreciated me being there.Whens the next one LOL.Great area for MC riding too. Did much riding in the previous 2 weeks we were there in the Blue Ridge Mtns. area and i didn't dump the bike this time around.Loved the 3 wks i was there.Thanks to all.---- Cecil what in the end was wrong with the PU glad you got it going again. ken ct
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
Cecil/WV

Default Re: Hiawassie meet.

--- Cecil what in the end was wrong with the PU glad you got it going again. ken ct[/QUOTE]

It was the coil, Ken, another guy, Jim Robbins from Knoxville, had a rebuilt coil that we put on it and when I get mine fixed, I will return his to him. Everyone is always so nice at these meets. I had helped 2 others out earlier and when I needed help, it was there. One guy said the nice part about driving an old Ford was that if you had trouble, you would have 5 new friends within 15 minutes.
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
39wdy

Hi Ken,
Glad you are back, none the worse after the long trip. Sounds like you had a good time and even managed to get a motorcycle ride in. My friend, Christopher from up here in Vermont lives in central North Carolina now but his bother, Jerry retired airplane pilot lives in Hiawassie. Jerry spends most of his time riding his motorcycle down in that area. I hoped you might meet them down there but Chris couldn't go this year, still doesn't have his 34 truck registered. Terrible registration rules down there in N. C.
ANYHOW, Glad your back safely and can fill us all in on your adventures. Best Wishes, Toby
39wdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
ken ct
BANNED

A British MC club based out of Atlanta,Ga. puts on a Brit bike rally for 4 days every June at the Bald Mtn. Campground in Hiawassie. Usually 2 groups go out every day for a ride.One group is a bunch of i'll call spirited riders[ex old time racers]who just want to get from point A to point B in the shortest possible time. NOT my kind of riding style. Then another group who want to enjoy the scenery and ride slower.Its a great time for 4 days and rides every day a bike show on Sat and a free restored bike raffel on that day with being regitered all for $45 for the 3 days at the campground. Hundreds of Brit bikes participate old and new. Had a great time.Tell your brother if hes interested. ken ct.
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #5
Frank Miller

Wish I knew Wheels of Time museum was as close as it was. I would have taken Friday and organized a tour there. Oh well, gives me an excuse to go back.