Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > Wanted > Late V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-05-2019, 04:45 PM   #1
fordrodsteven

Default Ford interior parts for a modified '55 Bird

City: North Andover
State: MA

Hi All,
I am currently deep into a project (modified 1955 Thunderbird) and there is plenty of time for this deal to happen. No rush... I'm just putting it out there. Right now my body is off the rusted '55 frame and I will be putting it onto a '56 frame. I need to make the mods to put in the drive train. I have a 302 w/ auto transmission (from a 1980 bird) that is the planned drivetrain at this moment. I have made a few small modifications to the dash. I plan to mostly keep the body looking original.

The reason I am here is to see if I can purchase or trade for some parts. I would like to get bucket seats, console and steering column (column shift with tilt) from another later year Thunderbird (maybe some other Ford). (1958 through 1980) Hoping for black vinyl or leather seats in decent condition. Power or manual is not important. Condition is not super important though because I can recover seats if necessary but would expect price to reflect condition.

If anyone has something, a full parts car or just the interior parts I'm open to discussion. I'm on a retirement income so I might have to take a week or so to come up with the cash once a deal is made. I can also trade a running, insured, registered and inspected 1988 Buick Reatta. It is a 30 year old car and the body is not perfect but also not very bad. No rips or tears in the leather interior. It does need a new air compressor for the AC.
The only other thing for me is that I don't want to pay a lot for shipping (large parts). Hoping to find success within 300 miles of Boston, MA.
Thanks in advance
Steve
fordrodsteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:12 PM   #2
fordrodsteven

Default Re: Ford interior parts for a modified '55 Bird

I found a set of bucket sets from a mid-sixties Thunderbird that I'm going to use. I'll figure out what I want to do for a steering column and probably build my own custom console.
fordrodsteven is offline   Reply With Quote