Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Late V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Default 57 T Bird frozen motor

I have a 57 T bird which has been in storage for 15+ years. The car is in very good shape with a great paint job. The motor is stuck and I assume from being parked so long. I have removed all belts, starter, and plugs. The motor will not turn! The car has an automatic transmition so pushing or pulling is not an option. I have added deisel fuel to each spark plug hole. Any ideas short of pulling the motor. out.

<table><tr><td><font face="arial">

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #2

Default Re: 57 T Bird frozen motor

add a rust penetrant or marvel mistery oil and let set for 4 or 5 days then hook 2 12 volt batt together to make 24 volts, one cable from pos to neg then then the other two posts will be 24 volt hook to starter hit switch just enough to make starter engage fly wheel do this a few times and see if engine will turn over dont do it for very long or you will ruin the starter motor

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #3

Default Re: 57 T Bird frozen motor

I have freed them before by prying on the flywheel with a screwdriver from underneath. Be careful not to break a tooth. ( I never have though - they are tough)Take off the bottom dust shield and try one way a little then the other way - back and forth. Just an idea.