Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-14-2011, 06:09 AM   #1
Steve Wastler

Default Question for Steve Siccalone

Hey Steve, How did White Rose Property fair with the flooding? Do they have much clean up? The lower field is usually wet anyway, will it impact vendors? For those reading this, it is in reference to the National meet put on by the Chesapeake Chapter of AMCA in Jefferson PA on Sept.30-oct. 1. Those in the area, if you like antique motorcycles and have never been, Great sow and great show grounds, try to make it out.
Steve Wastler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:23 AM   #2
Steve Ciccalone

Default Re: Question for Steve Siccalone

We expect that with no more major rain there will be no diificulties. The White Rose Club runs a National Motorcycle Hill Climb event the the weekend prior to the meet and they will have the field in shape. I've been running the vending there since we started our meet in 1994. Last year was very trying due to heavy rains and we're hoping that we get a break this year.

Steve, thank you for your nice comments about the meet.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:31 AM   #3
Steve Wastler

Sorry for miss spelling your last name...
Old 09-14-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
sidevalve

[QUOTE][Those in the area, if you like antique motorcycles and have never been, Great sow and great show grounds, try to make it out.]

I usually go there every year. It's one of my favorite swap meets. I got a nice 13 fin rear cylinder for my 37ULH from Matt Walksler last year. Your right Steve, It's a great show. Anyone who can make it should go.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #5
Steve Wastler

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
You never know what you will see there, an early camelback Indian, maybe a very early unrestored FN four cylinder, pre teen Harley Belt drive single, I could go on and on. I have been going for at least 10years, although I don't have bikes that old I do have a few bikes in the garage. Love seeing some of the increadable workmanship of some restorers, falls into an art category. Really like seeing the made to look unrestored pieces to complete an original bike, can't tell the difference between original patina or made to look like it. Look forward to it every year, I hope to one day be a more active member of the chapter, but time doesn't allow. I will be wearing my Postal A baseball cap if anyone sees me stop me to put a face to the name.