Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-27-2018, 09:24 AM   #21
Afordman31

Default Re: Black Friday (Tool) Suggestion

I have the wide mouth Vice Grip shown in the picture. You would be surprised the range of locking it can handle.
The other picture I bought as a set which had three different sizes in it. Works well on rounded nuts and bolt heads. I bought these before Irwin took over Vice Grip!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a.jpg (38.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg b.jpg (29.5 KB, 18 views)
Afordman31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:42 PM   #22
Paul Bjarnason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
I know this post will be at risk of deletion but there are more things causing hardship than just the ones you mention and lots of them are of our own making. Just this morning, I heard a quotable comment on the radio. "There is much more harm done in this world under the name of a god than there is under the name of the devil." Worth thinking about? By the time you throw in politics, it's a wonder any of us are still here!
Or am I being cynical?

Hey Synchro - Yes, worth thinking about, but If you go back before the turn of the last century (1900), you may be right about a lot of people being killed in the name of God, Allah, etc., But, since the turn of the last century more people have been killed in the name of political movements (communism, mainly, but the Nazis, too - the Gulags, Great Leap Forward, Cultural Revolution, Holocaust), not in the name of religion. That is, in the modern era, since 1900, the religious-inspired killings are relatively small compared to the political. But, I take your point about loss of human life due to natural calamities vs. man-caused ones.
Paul Bjarnason is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 11-29-2018, 12:30 PM   #23
Bud

Out of curiosity, have any of you looked at the wrench and/or decided to purchase one?
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote