Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2018, 05:06 PM   #1
mark4marc

Default Window Shade Fabric

Does anyone have cuttings or remnants of original Model A window shade fabric that they can send me? I tried a "Model A - Wanted" ad, but received no response. I'm trying to research the shades and maybe make up a reference file. According to the "Judging Standards", there's three pattern styles, depending on the year and model of the car-- a narrow diamond, a square diamond, and a criss-cross (which some people call a basket weave)-- plus the plain cloth used for standard models. The "Judging Standards" photos are all black and white and the color descriptions are all generic: brown, green, tan, grey and blue. I found an earlier Ford Barn chain of discussion on shade fabric dating from January 2016, which got a lot of responses, but created more questions than answers. I'm looking for scraps of the two diamonds and criss-cross and I would like to see as many actual colors as I can (or what's left of them, being that the fabrics are 80 years old). If anyone can help me out, please let me know.
mark4marc is offline   Reply With Quote