Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-15-2014, 07:08 PM   #1
Grandadeo

Default Bob Drake - Worth the Wait!

Wanted to get a new rear view and door hinge mirrors for my '48 F-1 Panel project last fall. Looked at a few vendors' offerings and the quality, especially on the door mirrors was mediocre at best. Saw that Drake had them for 50% off, door mirrors, and free shipping. They were back ordered and showed up today. Man what quality. Well worth the wait. Thanks Bob.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Last edited by Grandadeo; 02-15-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Grandadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:19 PM   #2
TonyM

Default Re: Bob Drake - Worth the Wait!

I ordered mirrors from Drake back in October and they came last week.
Not complaining, but very glad to get them.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:04 PM   #3
JM 35 Sedan

Bob Drake was the only supplier that I could find who had a right side door hinge mount mirror with a straight arm that's correct for '35 Ford passenger cars. There is one sold that looks like it is correct but is actually for Ford PU trucks with different size door hinges. The curved arm hinge mount mirrors will work on '35 pass. cars, but are actually show correct on '36 Ford pass. cars. I have never been disappointed with any parts that I have ordered from Drake although I have had to wait a bit for some BO items.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 02-16-2014 at 04:44 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:41 AM   #4
dwick01

I bought one of his gas tanks for my 47 super deluxe. It was on back-order but the wait was well worth it for me. Very good quality, and the price was right. Patience was my friend, and it paid off.
dwick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #5
sw37

Unhappy Re: Bob Drake - Worth the Wait!

I have ordered from Bob Drake, most of the order was on back order. They didn't know when it was coming in. Found it from someone else. The other company was very helpful. It was my first time ordering from Bob Drake and my last.
sw37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #6
blucar

"You can please some of the people some of the time, but never all of the people all the time"
Truer words were never spoken.. I to have ordered many parts from Bob Drake, some of which were back ordered. Drakes customer service people have always kept me posts on the status of the back order, did not run the billing through my credit card until the item (s) shipped.
Some people lack patience, they get their knickers all bunched up if things don't go their way...
Old 03-11-2014, 11:13 AM   #7
fiver

Has anyone received a reply from Bob Drake's recently? I was trying to place an order with them on the Net, ended up on "a server error page", reported it to them telling them that I was about to place a substancial order which nowadays I think any trader would find an interesting proposal. Nothing. I resent them e-mail a week later. Still nothing. This has been an on-going situation for two weeks now. I get the impression that they are still operating because they did send me an e-mail about something else before I had reported of their website's hiccup.

No, I'm not going to call because making overseas phonecalls just to get a seller to sell me parts (which would be in their best interests?) is not my idea of how you sell parts.

Are they still in business?
fiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #8
john in illinois

The website just worked for me. 10% off and free shipping till March 31.Might be something on your end.

John
john in illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #9
sidevalve8ba

I bought a '32 grille shell and insert and a few other sundry items from Bob Drake. That was the first time I had ordered from him and did so because I had heard from various friends that the quality is there. I am a satisfied customer.
sidevalve8ba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:52 PM   #10
Dec211975

I had the same problem back in november I contacted the webmaster (Darius) and he corrected the situation in a fast and professional manor.

Below is the email I recieved from him

Good Day Mr. *****:

I apologize for this not working for you as it should. It turns out that your login account was disconnect or otherwise not associated with a valid customer account. Sometime during our startup of this new site we had some customers have their accounts become disconnected like this.

I have reconnected the customer account ****** to the login for your account – that is, the login name of *********.com You should be able to login now with this and shop and checkout fine without getting that error.

Please let me know if there are any further difficulties at all.

I appreciate your business and your patience to keep trying! Thank you.

Darius Englen
Web Master
Bob Drake Reproductions, Inc.

Regards,

Brian
Dec211975 is offline   Reply With Quote