Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #61
ken ct
BANNED

Default Re: Leaners...You guys hate leaners...?

How about comming out of your camper vending motor home and finding some jerk sitting on your pristine motor cycle which was parked behind my tables at a meet,OH i thought it was for sale.I said you see a for sale sign on it.Ialmost punched his lites out with him on it.I was livid to say the least.Its my going out for Dinner or groceries at multi day shows where i am there almost all week transportaion.I finally had to put a sign on it $35,000,nobody even asked me about it any more.You should have heard some of the comments made by some of them walking away.LOL ken ct.
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #62
dude

no respect for other peoples things.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:55 AM   #63
fiver

I don't take my cars to shows because of the constant groping that's going on when I turn my back. Do people desperately need to experience the feel of a painted metal surface? It's smooth - what would you expect! If I were to go to more shows I'd have a piece of metal painted the same colour as the car with "Paw away!" written on it. I bet no one would touch it

I'm not one to favour fenderless cars but I do see the point when there's no fenders nor running boards that kids could run on. I don't step on any of my '34s running boards so why should other people.

To add insult to injury I'm one of those sorry people who spend $5000+ on paint so finding a kid standing on the front fender of a freshly painted car isn't a pleasing sight to say the least. The sorriest explanation for jumping on running boards is that "the car's already ruined where's the harm!" This was by the kid's father and he was talking about my '34 Fordor which at that point had a 1980s paint on it but was more or less ok.
fiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #64
32phil

It's all about respecting other peoples property. Over the years I have been to many shows with several different cars. I had one young lady come up to me and ask if her dad could touch my car...........he was blind. He spent quite a bit of time "looking" at the car. It took me less than 5 minutes to wipe it down after they thanked me and left. I had no problem with that at all.
Then there was this girl in a little tiny bikini, she proceeded to................
Old 03-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #65
hombres ruin

I took my shoebox to a show in old town San Diego last year. I was standing with me back to the car and then heard the door close, I turned around to find some kid in the front seat with his hands on the wheel twisting from side to side and his stupid father standing there leaning on my car watching. I pushed the father away and yanked the kid out by his arm. His father got mad and yelled at me so i my short tempered way I pushed him to the curb and stood over him yelling at him. There were many expletives used but the theme was that my car isn't public property and you have no right to enter or touch my car. He panicked and grab his son and ran off.. People around actually clapped and said I did the right thing.. That was a fun day
Old 03-24-2013, 01:15 AM   #66
dumb person

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Unfortunately today i found myself leaning on someones car, but the owner was leaning on it too so maybe i copied him subconsciously. i still stopped though.

"I'm Convinced that no one really reads posts anymore; they just fabricate what they think the post says then ramble on about red herrings."--Bob
Outcasts rules of old cars
#1 Fun is imperative, mainstream is overrated
#2 If they think it is impossible, prove them wrong
#3 If the science says it impossible you are not being creative enough.
#4 No shame in recreating something you never had
#5 If it were not for the law & physics you would be unstoppable
dumb person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #67
34PKUP

After chastising a mother to keep her kids off the running boards was told,
"Well, it's only an 'old car' "
34PKUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #68
woodiewagon46

Leaners, how about "inners". My wife and I were going out to dinner one night and she suggested we take our '46 woodie to the restaurant. When we came out after our dinner I noticed a few people by our car and as we got closer there was some guy inside the car behind the wheel. I walked up to him and asked him "is this your car" and he replied "no but it sure is beautiful". I said "its mine and you have some balls getting into someones car"! He turned it around on me and said "I know guys with antique cars and they aren't p**cks like you" Needless to say, it's a good thing his wife agreed with me and took him away!
woodiewagon46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:04 AM   #69
Cecil/WV

I guess this thread must be getting to me because I dreamed last night that I found a guy who had his Collie dog in the bed of my '40 pickup eating out of a dog dish.
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote