Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-19-2015, 06:05 PM   #1
GPierce

Default Pickup door-top panel fit?

I have a 1930 Closed Cab Pickup drivable project. The previous owner had replaced the wood in the top but never finished it. It appears to me the top metal panel on either side of the top does not fit properly when the door is closed. When pulled up against the door header per the instructions the front of the door hits the top metal panel and rear of the door is actually below the panel where it turns under door header.

I have read the instruction for replacing the top wood and it appears to have been done correctly. Stuff just doesn't fit to my satisfaction.

See pictures. I would appreciate it someone could post a picture of the top of the door-top panel fit so I can see what it is suppose to look like
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000173 (1280x854).jpg (33.8 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg P1000175 (1280x854).jpg (44.0 KB, 78 views)
GPierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:11 AM   #2
waxhead

Default Re: Pickup door-top panel fit?

Unfortunately I am not near my pickup, so I cannot get any pictures to show the detail you are chasing. I do have some pictures which could help, but I am unable to upload pics at the moment.

The gap you have shown in your pictures does not look correct to me. It appears that either your door is not sitting horizontal, or the panel above the door is sitting up high at the back of the cab. The top of the door should be parallel with the holes that run across the top panel. (I hope that makes sense)

If nothing else, hopefully this bumps your thread and someone else will add some pictures or offer their opinion. Good luck.
waxhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:54 AM   #3
GPierce

Thanks for the response Waxhead.
The door hangs straight and aligned with the body everywhere but at the top.
The gap at the back in the picture is actually not that large when I have the top panel pulled down where I think it should be. After reading your post and looking at the top panel again I guess the real question is: Should the outward facing lip on the top panel just below where the rain gutter goes be just above the door or should the door overlap it?
At the front of the door it overlaps the lip and at rear the lip is just above the top of the door.
Thanks
Gilbert
GPierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:44 AM   #4
Bob C

Look at the pictures in this link. http://www.modelahouse.com/tech/puro...3_document.htm

Bob
Bob C is offline   Reply With Quote