Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-26-2017, 09:57 AM   #1
mountinpie

Default Hershey Navigation

OK, so last year I was completely overwhelmed and unprepared for the size of the fall meet in Hershey (first one) and spent my time just stumbling through. I understand that things are really scattered, but is there any information that would help me focus only on those booths/vendors dedicated to Model A stuff? Any suggestions on the "must visit" list? Does AACA issue a list of vendors to see who's where?

Thanks for any help!
mountinpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:21 AM   #2
fundytides

Default Re: Hershey Navigation

Buy the program at the gate. It lists vendors by categories and gives their lot numbers. One hint that I found useful is to use the light pole #s to get you in the right area. The maps included in the program show the lot layout by row number and also show the numbers for the light poles. This will get you to most of the A vendors. However you will find assorted hidden "treasures" on many tables that are not selling any specific make or model or you might find an A part on a table dedicated to Packards. You never know. That's the fun of the hunt. I usually spend the first day or so hitting the specific vendors that I have identified as probably having what I want. Then I just wander aimlessly and look at everything. Remember, you won't know what you can't live without until you see it. Have fun.
fundytides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #3
Steve_Mack_CT

We will be there for 3 days and won't cover everything - the percentage of time spent catching up with friends seems to grow each year.

I will say that while A parts and vendors are everywhere, I find the Chocolate field seems to be best for the professionals, while hobbyist vendors are everywhere. So I usually devote the middle day (a full one) to Choc and Red, for what that is worth.

ENJOY - just a week to go now!!
Old 09-26-2017, 06:09 PM   #4
62pan

If you can find last years program you could study that. Most venders will be in the same spot.
62pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:07 PM   #5
Clem Clement

I'm in the orange field OBF58/59. I have found that new vendors end up in there and the Greenfield. Meaning prices are better as many just want to dump stuff. I'm that way this year. Is the show attendance lowers, I don't know where the new vendors go: fill ins or...
Clem Clement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:00 PM   #6
bobusnick104

You can go on the AACA Hershey Region website and print maps of the whole show and individual fields. Then, if you have a few spaces to stop at, you can highlight them. Light poles numbers are noted, which helps. See all you Barners there!
Old 09-27-2017, 01:07 PM   #7
noboD

OR you could just buy the program that has every space with it's specialty in it.
noboD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:34 PM   #8
Steve_Mack_CT

To Clem's comment, a friend is going on his second year in the red field by the stadium. As some of our friends age out or what have you, some spaces are opening up. He asked for that location and was able to get it. Still the high point of the year event wise!
Old 09-30-2017, 01:39 PM   #9
Ed in Maine

I usually take an hour before I head into the flea market to read the vendor list. Then using a magic marker, I mark the vendor spaces that may be of interest. This way you can still do the whole show (or try to) and focus on the spaces that should help you. I wish I could go this year. It is my favorite old car thing to do. It is the sights and mix of smells of the cars, the rust, old oil and grease, dampness and mold and cooking BBQ! My first Hershey trip was back in 1968 and there is no other show like it. Ed
Ed in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote