Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-16-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
40fordpu

Default Cheers to Bob Drake and Co

Just popped up the Ford Barn front page and noticed...usually I fly past the front page... AN ADVERTISEMENT... from Bob Drake and Company. (If this is not the first time or has been up a while, I apologize for not noticing. I have just seen the "complaints" in past threads)

THANK YOU!

Thank you for supporting us car guys in the things we value most.

Bob if you read this, please continue to read and respond to posts of questions not complaints. Your knowledge is just as important as your company. Just remember....we always respect the man more than the product....always.
40fordpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
Ryan
Administrator

Default Re: Cheers to Bob Drake and Co

Pretty cool of them to do that... We need all the help we can get!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
Kahuna

I agree with 40Fordpu 100%
Jim
Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
40fordpu

I am 28 years old and am building my first restoration. I am a novice. I have been into cars hardcore for about 5 years. I have three plus years in my project. The more I get into this, I realize that to many "old" guys have the knowledge but very few SHARE that knowledge. This forum gives us a place to learn and share what we know. Without it, I would be lost. So thank you. And thanks to those that support it.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #5
jerry grayson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40fordpu View Post
I am 28 years old and am building my first restoration. I am a novice. I have been into cars hardcore for about 5 years. I have three plus years in my project. The more I get into this, I realize that to many "old" guys have the knowledge but very few SHARE that knowledge. This forum gives us a place to learn and share what we know. Without it, I would be lost. So thank you. And thanks to those that support it.
Most "old guys" will share, but you have to ask so that the "old guy" will know what the question is. LOL
jerry grayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
Russ/40

Quote:
Plenty of 'ol guy help here also

http://flatheadv8.org/phpBB/index.php
Russ/40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #7
Bob Drake Repro

First of all, thanks for the support. This electronic age is all new to me. I think I do a hell of a catalog, but I do it "old" style with cut and paste then give it to my designers to pretty it up on the computer. I'm getting up there in years (almost 68) I guess I'm an old fart and that gives me the right to tell the young girls in the restaurant they're pretty or I can be crabby all day if I want. I was lucky enough to be there for the start of "good" rock and roll and the beginnings of real hot rods. I sure appreciate what Henry Ford has gave us and the cars that help support us today. I learned about Fords with hands on wrenching, turning the nuts and bolts, and I'm still learning the same way today. I get a lot of support from fellow enthusiasts also. I'm happy to share any of my knowledge with anybody. Look for future posts on Bob's tips here on the barn and on the HAMB.

Thanks, Bob
Bob Drake Repro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #8
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Drake Repro View Post
First of all, thanks for the support. This electronic age is all new to me. I think I do a hell of a catalog, but I do it "old" style with cut and paste then give it to my designers to pretty it up on the computer. I'm getting up there in years (almost 68) I guess I'm an old fart and that gives me the right to tell the young girls in the restaurant they're pretty or I can be crabby all day if I want. I was lucky enough to be there for the start of "good" rock and roll and the beginnings of real hot rods. I sure appreciate what Henry Ford has gave us and the cars that help support us today. I learned about Fords with hands on wrenching, turning the nuts and bolts, and I'm still learning the same way today. I get a lot of support from fellow enthusiasts also. I'm happy to share any of my knowledge with anybody. Look for future posts on Bob's tips here on the barn and on the HAMB.

Thanks, Bob
That's a great post Bob! and a big THANK YOU!! to you for all you do. Hey, I must be getting old too, I'm also getting close to 68. I think the "old guys" who post here do a darn good job of sharing their knowledge. One suggestion for 40fordpu is to join the EFV8C/A if not already a member. You will also get a lot of help from like minded "old guys". They also need all the "young guys" they can get in their membership to keep the spirit alive.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:44 PM   #9
40fordpu

Awesome that you replied. I just went to look up a part that was not in your catalog and was greatly disappointed in the online store. I like your catalog however as a 28 year old, it is much easier to go to your competitors websites and browse/save items I want to someday purchase. You need someone who is computer savvy to make it not only user friendly but "complete". That is the hardest part I find with restoring a 40 ford pickup. I think your increase in sales would show you the importance of a good webpage/online store. Plus, you would be saving all that paper....printing money etc...

By the way, I cant wait to be "old" and have the ability to cut people off in lines and say whatever...you still have a couple years until then...be careful. HA HA
Old 02-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #10
lee34

Just remember the old saying A new broom sweeps clean but a old one knows where the dirts at.Keep the parts coming so us old guys can still play with our cars lee34
lee34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:39 PM   #11
Bill in Al

Thanks,Bill
Bill in Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #12
Gary in La.

Thanks Bob for all you do to help this old Ford hobby keep going. I've been a customer for years and will continue to do so. Your catalogs are top notch and a great help to restorers in parts identification also. Keep them coming. I know they are a big expense but a great many of the older restorers are not that much into computors as the younger generation. We like real time hard copies more than "magic" pictures from a box. Either way keep up the good work and post as you feel necessary. You have a lot of information and talent to share.
Gary in La. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:10 PM   #13
Dak Rat

I've re-built three pre-war fords over the years and don't think I could have done it with-out parts from Bob Drake--Thanks for being there. Your catalogs are top notch, but that web-site is not very user friendly.
Dak Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:49 PM   #14
danliveshere

I'd like to take a moment to thank all the Ford Barners who post on this fabulous site. This makes the Ford Barn a truely valuable resourse for all of us around the world that share the love of these wonderful cars. I've had my 35 roadster for 25 years but live 1200 miles from my EFV-8 club ,and all the members there, so it's hard to share ideas , ask for help, even look at other restorations etc. I had to fly 3000 miles last year to go to the Australian Nationals. So when I can ask for help here and get posts almost immeately to almost any topic, THANK YOU TO ALL FORD BARNERS.
danliveshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:21 PM   #15
Dick-Cape Cod

Bob, What took you so long? Absolutely GREAT to have you here as a barner. Thanks for all you've done for the hobby/passion. Looking forward to some helpful tips in the future.
Dick-Cape Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #16
Frank The Plumber

Nice, here and the HAMB, thanks.
Frank The Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #17
jerry grayson

Quote:
Awesome that you replied. I just went to look up a part that was not in your catalog and was greatly disappointed in the online store. I like your catalog however as a 28 year old, it is much easier to go to your competitors websites and browse/save items I want to someday purchase. You need someone who is computer savvy to make it not only user friendly but "complete". That is the hardest part I find with restoring a 40 ford pickup. I think your increase in sales would show you the importance of a good webpage/online store. Plus, you would be saving all that paper....printing money etc...

By the way, I cant wait to be "old" and have the ability to cut people off in lines and say whatever...you still have a couple years until then...be careful. HA HA
I don't know what your situation is, but I find that lots of young guys seem to think that all the answers to their efv8 questions are on the computer. Original or reproduction literature on the model year will get a person more knowledge that a computer stroke. Plain old research with parts books and with experienced old farts will yield much good result.
jerry grayson is offline   Reply With Quote