Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-28-2011, 01:04 AM   #1
Oldman Freeman

Default Black Beauty on Wheels - 1931 Phaeton

City: Centralia
State: Washington
Price: 27000

This Ford was built, driven, disassembled and stored in Canada. Then it was stored, rebuilt, reassembled, restored, and enjoyed in the United States. Where it goes next could be up to you!

I bought several loads of parts and another man’s dream. I added those parts to my overstocked shop and realized there was also enough dream for both of us. After a couple of years, our dreams were realized and a beautiful car was on the road once more.

This is a nice restoration of a great old car. It took three men over 50 years to finish it but the wait was worth it. The engine is stamped with a Canadian serial number which corresponds to a car built between February 9 and April 1 of 1931. The odd thing is that the engine is a Model B! The pan was reshaped very nicely with straight seams and spot welds.

I sure wish my wife liked open cars...and that we lived in a warmer climate! I love this car. I have built a website to show lots of pictures and explain some of the details. There is also a cool video of the car in action. You will see why it turns heads wherever it goes.

$27,000
All contact info is on the site too.

http://www.thefreemancenter.com/Phae...roduction.html

[email protected]

Last edited by Oldman Freeman; 07-28-2011 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Added price in ad. It was "Price" spot at the top but...
Oldman Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:29 PM   #2
Conrad Elledge

Default Re: Black Beauty on Wheels - 1931 Phaeton

Yes, that is a beautiful automobile. If your sale drags on and you need storage, I could put it in my shop. Best of luck.
Conrad Elledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:44 PM   #3
Oldman Freeman

Thanks Conrad. It is a piece of art that you can drive though sometimes I just plop on a stool in my shop and stare at it. This wet summer, I'm sure I've done some of that because it was too wet and cold to drive it. Some of my car buddies think I'm a bit crazy for driving it at all, but I don't want to own a trailer queen. If I can't play with it why keep it?

I'll let you know if I need a place to store it. I don't suppose you would be willing to take it out for a spin periodically to keep it loosened up? Would you mind if I bought the gas and paid the insurance?

Keep it wheels down!
Old 07-30-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
Conrad Elledge

Freeman,
I would make an honest car out of it in a heartbeat if I had the money but since you offered I am willing to consider your proposition. I am a little concerned that it appears to be missing a beer stipend. Possibly in the fine print.

Cars at this level sometimes do better on the bay as miserable as that can be at times. Also, and I don't know if it works or not in terms of actually selling, but including near naked babes in the photos seems like a good idea to me. Best of luck.
Conrad Elledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:21 AM   #5
Oldman Freeman

Summer has finally arrived in Wetstern Washington. The phaeton is not stored in a glass box on a shelf. It is too nice a driver for that. We chased the sun across the valley floor last night. Such fun...could be yours. Check the link: http://www.thefreemancenter.com/Phae...roduction.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Phaeton94.jpg (80.2 KB, 37 views)
Old 11-21-2011, 02:12 AM   #6
Oldman Freeman

This wonderful car has left my shop. I took a deposit on the car a couple of months ago but did not want to end the conversations on it until it was a "done deal"! I will miss the summer drives. I know the new owner will love the car. Thanks!
Old 11-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
Oldman Freeman

For anyone interested, here is a link to the Vimeo account of my son. You can see the Phaeton video there as well as several other videos he has created. I like McKinney Farm a lot too. (It doesn't hurt that some of my grandkids are in it!) Isaac is willing to travel if you have some special video project you want done well.

http://vimeo.com/26730650