Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-23-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
my1930coupe

Default Logo lights

Has anyone used their turn signal kit and if so what did you think? Any recomendations on a better kit? Thanks, Dave
my1930coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
H. L. Chauvin

Default Re: Logo lights

Hi Dave,

Use them -- like them -- push L & R buttons together for (4) LED hazard flashers that use very little electricity & will not drain battery like regular 6/12V light bulbs.

They are out further front than headlights in front & out further back than tailights in back, & as such are also far enough away from headlights & tailights to readily see when blinking.

Easy to install -- need to connect one (1) wire to "passenger's" side of junction box as opposed to driver's side of junction box -- so points opening & closing will not affect the unit.

If one looks carefully on the driver's side, & on the driver's side of where the clutch touches the floor board, at the front subrail & the fire wall metal joint, there is a slot opening near the front of the cowl where all of the logo light wires can pass through.

If one runs a wire in this metal to metal slot the wire will exit directly above the driver's side front body bolt.

This opening was also used for wires leading to the cowl lights if one has cowl lights.

Note: For extra safety, also have rear window stop light for cell phone user drivers, texters, drug users, beer drinkers, & other drivers not paying attention to the highway.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by H. L. Chauvin; 05-23-2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: added Note for safety & typo
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
ba49

I have them on both of my cars and love them. Very easy to install.
ba49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
Willie Krash

Agreed to all. The newest version is very bright. Clean install. They also give you plenty of wires etc...Nothing irritates you more than being almost done and you are a foot short on wire. Mine make a chirp (frog) sound when they flash. I wouldn't be surprised if the next generation have timers as a cancelling feature.
Willie Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #5
my1930coupe

Thanks guys. I think I have made up my mind.Dave
my1930coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:52 AM   #6
H. L. Chauvin

Hi Dave,

At the side of the interior dash push button unit there is a plug in device where one connects the wires by inserting ends of stripped wires & tightening wire connections with a "tiny" built-in screw.

Because of observing such a "tiny" & "delicate" screw head, & not having a screw driver of required width & of exact thickness of the screw's slot, I bought a small screw driver & dressed it with a flat file to exactly fit the width of the screw slot & to fit the exact width of the screw slot whcih is recessed in a tiny plastic hole.

By fitting a screw driver as such, one will never strip the "tiny" & "delicate" heads of these small screws.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #7
Jim Baskin III Pa.

Dave,mine have been installed and working for 6 years now with no problems.Its a very easy installation and clean looking.
Jim Baskin III Pa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
H. L. Chauvin

Hi Dave,

In trying to tell all Logo-Lite past experiences, this is what I found:

1. First installed mine on bumpers, with vehicle "as-is" & they worked.

2. Next, removed Logo-Lites, painted chassis, undercarriage, & bumper braces, & when re-installed they did not work because the paint did not permit the lights to be grounded.

3. Ran ground wire from rear of Logo-Lite's mounting screws to a ground & everything now works great.

4. Also ran Logo-Lite wires & Logo-Lite ground wires through Model A wire looms sold by Model A vendors to protect Logo-Lite wires for the next 80 years from the rear of the Logo-Lites to under the vehicle where protected from the elements.

5. Also provided wire disconnects, (wire connectors & bullet wire ends), where bumper braces meets the chassis so Logo-Lites can be easily disconnected if need be for any reason.

6. If one wants to pull a trailer, two (2) extra Logo-Lites provided on a trailer will not work if one has (6) Logo-Llites connected; however, if one provides (6) Logo-Lites, (i.e., an additional pair on a trailer), & temporarily disconnects the (2) rear Logo-Lites on the vehicle, the (2) Logo-Lites on the trailer, (total of 4), when connected will function.

7. Can one have Logo-Lites on a trailer & not on the rear of the vehicle? My guess, yes, because one can even drive a Model A with no turn signals at all anywhere on a vehicle with vintage hand signals that nobody will recognize today.

8. Each to his own as to what one may want to achieve with turn signals; but, just trying to help with your initial question on what are some recommendations -- I always try to plan ahead to do things once & seem to never want to even find time to do things twice.

Any other information, call Logo-Lites -- they are always friendly & helpful.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #9
Pat Martone

I use the Logo lites directionals and they are a quality product, work as advertised, come with useable instructions, and easy to install. I particularly like that they come in both 6v and 12v versions and they operate independantly of the other electrical systems on our cars. Since they are located low (inside the bumper) of our cars, to me they are not as visible in the daytime as they are at night, since drivers are "expecting" to see lights at about our eye height. So, that is my minor complaint; I wish they were brighter.

FYI - I did speak to their tech support person today, where he indicated they have in the past, and continue to, refine/improve the product as the technology marches on. He was very friendly and informative, telling me about the improvements in the product over the last 10 years. He also indicated to me that they were currently developing a brighter LED directional light assembly which could be ready by the end of the year, and current owners could upgrade at a reduced price, since the controller would not need to be changed. (He told me that they sell less than 200 units per year for us Model A guys, so it's a small market, and this impacts R&D along with redesign costs, with components they make right at their facility (not in China), for a system that already costs $200 to the Model A guy.)
Pat Martone is offline   Reply With Quote