Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
Jim in S.C.

Unhappy wireing help please

I just today (sat) recieved two electrical parts from Snyder's. Just in time for a weekend project. Item #1 a voltage reducer for 12 to 6 volt for the sparton horn. It has 2 wires It also came with a wireing diagram. I think I could have hooked it up without a diagram ( pretty ) simple. Then I opened the box with the flasher in it. Snyder's part #A-13311-12x I also ordered a base for the flasher. It has 3 wires coming out of the base and 1 short wire out of the top of the flasher. There was no wireing diagram with the flasher. I assume 1 wire goes to the 12 v pos. feed 1 wire to the turn signal selector and 1 wire to ground. I have no idea where the little wire out the top of the flasher goes. but which to where. I would like to install it tommorow. I SURE DON"t want to cook it! Can any of you barners tell me or show me how to wire this flasher up. The flasher has a beeper in it and it is suppose to work LED lights.
Thanks in advance
Jim in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
Joe Young

Default Re: wireing help please

Jim,
This is an electronic flasher. 1 wire is power input( 6 or 12 volts). One wire to turn signal switch. One wire to pilot light on switch. Wire at end of flasher goes to ground. If you need more info send private message. Joe Young, Slapout, AL
Joe Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
Pa Joe

Jim, Do you have a wiring diagram for the switch? The turn signal switch I installed has 7 wires. they were numbered 1 thru 7. On the flasher there should be a + sign, that goes to the power source with a 5 amp fuse. The other terminal on the flasher should be marked with a P for indicator lamp. The other terminal marked L is for the flasher wire connected to the turn signal switch. My flasher didn't have a wire coming out of the top. My guess would be for a ground. You need the diagram for the switch.
Pa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
CarlG

The wire coming out of the top of the flasher is a ground wire. See the attached .pdf that I got from the factory.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EF33RL Model (1).pdf (444.8 KB, 77 views)
CarlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #5
Jim in S.C.

Smile Re: wireing help please

Carl, Bless your heart. That is exactly what I was looking for. This flasher doesn't have even one terminal labeled. And there no way the controler is going to tell me how to wire this type flasher. Why they don't enclose the diagram like you posted I don't understand. I think I can handle the job with your information. Thank You.
Jim in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote