Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2018, 01:39 PM   #12
CHuDWah

Default Re: New guy! Many questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidGR View Post
Is it a rear bumper? I'm new to the world and honestly couldn't tell the difference, it also came with a luggage trunk too! I just need to find the hardware.

As for the fuse it has one there and its not blown.

Also my emergency brake is a little wobbly, it stops the car good, but should it be like that, can I tighten some nuts to make that less wobbly?

The front bumper is full-width but it will fit the rear brackets. Most passenger cars had a rear-mounted spare tire with bumperettes on either side. AFAIK, only the 1930 Deluxe Roadster (and maybe Deluxe Phaeton - not sure about it) had standard factory-installed full-width rear bumper. It also had a left fender spare and a luggage rack that replaced the rear spare (although some racks can be installed behind the rear spare like Y-Blockhead's). Those became optional in 1931. They could be dealer-installed, and maybe special factory-ordered, on any car. Whether a customer would have paid for a full width bumper when a rack was installed is another question. BTW, the support irons for factory-installed fender spares were riveted to the frame - dealer-installed were bolted.

As to battery chargers, I have an old Sears that does both 6v and 12v as well as trickle and jump start settings. Pretty slick - I assume they still make them.

Yes, pix are always good! Can't really tell a lot about a car's overall condition from them, but yours looks pretty nice. If it runs, drives and stops well, I'd say you got a good deal.

Last edited by CHuDWah; 08-08-2018 at 01:51 PM.
CHuDWah is offline   Reply With Quote