Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2019, 09:02 PM   #10
paul2748

Default Re: Ebay sales tax in place

The tax charged is the state where the item is shipped to, not where the item comes from.

ebay is collecting the tax, not the seller. ebay only takes a commission on the total payment. No double charge, at least not on my sales. If you know your state's tax rate, you can check the amount charged for tax.

No matter where you buy an item. if it's a taxable item (some items are not taxable according to your states' law) your going to pay tax either through ebay or if you buy locally. The brick and mortar stores have been arguing this tax issue for years for years and years and finally won in court.

The question comes down to this - can you find the item you need at your local store? At least half the time, it's NO when I am looking for something a little out of the ordinary so the only choices are ebay and Amazon.

Lets face it - we have been getting taxable items free of tax for years, now it's over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmarks View Post
Correct. If its purchased in delaware.
But if i buy online say, California and shipped to delaware they are gonna charge me California sales tax just like if i drove to a California pepboys and bought air fresheners, right?
Question
Is the seller collecting the sales tax or is ebay? And you know how ebay charges a percentage to the seller for what they charge a buyer for shipping(which is a rip off) plus the commission on the sale. Have they figured out a awy to tack on another fee for the sales tax?
paul2748 is online now   Reply With Quote