Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-20-2018, 07:41 PM   #21
Y-Blockhead

Default Re: Has Anyone Tried the Lebarron Bonney Seat Covers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SATX View Post
Wow, they also have the clear plastic ones to go over your upholstery, just like you used to get from Fingerhut!!
Wow!! Fingerhut. I have not heard that name in a LONG time. My Dad had those clear seat covers in his '58 Fairlane 500. His had the little gold stars all over them.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:36 PM   #22
Tom Wesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by woofa.express View Post
Yes. probably about 1990 for my '28 tourer.
both front and rear seats had a small hole which was there in manufacture. I know this because they had the same vinyl beneath the small holes to hide them. I did not see them for quite a while - they were well camouflaged. I'm too far away to have returned them besides perhaps too much time elapsed.
At the same time I also purchased the hood and sufficient material to make the side curtains. I took them to an antique car upholsterer and he said the hood didn't extend over the sides enough. I asked if he could modify, remember I had material, and he said it was just more simple to make new ones.
I do wonder if I had rejects because I lived on the other side of the world.
By "hood" I guess you mean the top of an open car, and the material wasn't wide enough to cover the folding frame properly. It also happens to some of us in the U.S.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 11-22-2018, 08:27 AM   #23
ericr

well, ten lashes with a Model "A" high-tension cable on me, because now I can't find my original reference on their site, but, nor does it appear that Lebarron defines "seat covers" the same way I do. I will try calling them to see if they would produce something like what the Ford Bulletin shows as "seat covers".
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:45 AM   #24
Keith True

Look at Jwilliams link,and scroll down.They do sell the clear seat covers,what some call slip covers.What I call seat upholstery some call seat covers.The clear ones go over your upholstery to protect it.They have both plain and diamond embossed.They are growing in all directions there.Many years ago Lee Atherton bought Hampton Coach from his friend,Stan Brown,(Chevrolet interiors)then later bought EZ-Boy,(54-up Ford)and are still expanding.They just moved a bunch of stuff to Winslow Maine,so I won't be a walk in customer any more.They are appealing to a much wider customer base now.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote