Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-20-2018, 10:13 PM   #21
Papa's CCPU

Default Re: And another Model A brought back to life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Haynes View Post
Weight is for commercial plates. You do not need commercial plates on a truck of your age.
Yes Chris, I am aware that it wasn't a requirement. I was just thankful the frame number was clear, an the CHP inspector appreciated vintage cars...he was older and understood what I was putting together...the younger guy who had been there recently wasn't as cooperative and made the process a real hassle.

In the end, I really didn't mind getting my title paperwork generated as commercial, I will at some point use the vehicle code info posted here that shows I don't need to pay the fees...will deal with that at a later date...
Papa's CCPU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:47 AM   #22
Cory Moffat

Nice
Cory Moffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 11-21-2018, 01:56 PM   #23
Chris Haynes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa's CCPU View Post
Yes Chris, I am aware that it wasn't a requirement. I was just thankful the frame number was clear, an the CHP inspector appreciated vintage cars...he was older and understood what I was putting together...the younger guy who had been there recently wasn't as cooperative and made the process a real hassle.
That reminds me of a story about my friend Van. Van had restored a very nice fully customized '48 Merc. This car was originally done in the '50's with all the '50's customizing touches. Frenched head and tail lamps, Carson top, ETC. He pulled the flattie and dropped in a small block Chevy. The woman CHP officer who was verifying the serial number was giving him crap and telling him that this car was no way a '48 Merc. During her rant to him about it the CHP Captain walked by and commented "That's a real nice '48 Merc." Van looked at her and asked if she was going to argue with her boss. She shut up and filled out the form.
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?
Chris Haynes is offline   Reply With Quote