Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2019, 02:39 PM   #1
MoparDude318

Default New to Ford Model A

Hi there. I知 new to Ford, I知 a Mopar guy but I decided to take on my Father in law痴 1930 Ford AA, who sadly passed away 6 years ago. I just started working on it. Not much to look at really, it was an old ranch truck and they cut the cab in half.

I just got it running. I was having a timing issue and followed the advice on this forum which helped me so I decided to join.

I知 not doing a restoration or anything but would like to make it a more complete and serviceable truck. I bought some new parts from All Ford in Campbell, Ca, nice to have them close by as I live in Hollister.

Just the usual stuff, I put a new tank fuel valve, fuel line and glass fuel bowl. I bought a rebuilt Zenith carburetor from a friend of mine to replace the Tillotson that was on it. I replaced the intake/exhaust manifold gasket, among a few other small items. Easy stuff. I bought 2 new 6.50-20 tires for the front along with the liners and tubes.

I'm in the middle of doing a head gasket as it started leaking real bad when I went for a test drive.

I'm looking for one more wheel so I can put the duals back on.

Anyways here are some pictures.

Last edited by MoparDude318; 10-11-2019 at 03:05 PM.
MoparDude318 is offline   Reply With Quote