Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-03-2020, 09:32 AM   #1
Mac VP

Default VANPELT toll free number

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.....we discontinued our 800 number as of January 2, 2020. There were various problems with the service that could not be resolved and we realized that almost everyone has free long distance dialing on their phones these days. If you dial the 800 number you will get a recording that the 800 number has been disconnected. Our basic phone line is still the same and works as always: Area Code 513-724-9486

We apologize for any confusion anyone has experienced in trying to call the toll free number...…………….. Mac VanPelt
www.vanpeltsales.com
www.classictransmission.com
Mac VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 06:16 PM   #2
cas3

Default Re: VANPELT toll free number

thanks mac, you're the best!
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:37 PM   #3
Flathead Youngin'

Things sure are a changing.....

It's nice to be able to call long distance with out all the fees, however....

And, you don't have the expense of an 800 number.....
Old 01-04-2020, 06:18 AM   #4
Mac VP

We had two different carriers for our 800 number, one being the original version of Cincinnati Bell. Each one seemed to have various technical issues that plagued us off and on. They were informed of the problem each time and they generally kicked the problems back to us. The first things we always checked were our own equipment and lines in the building. We’d replace them with new and the problems remained. And don’t get me started on trying to deal with their so-called customer service reps who barely speak intelligible English.....
www.vanpeltsales.com
www.classictransmission.com
Mac VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:46 AM   #5
Flathead Youngin'

Customer service has gotten terrible with tech companies. They are so big they donn't offer much assistance.

When we owned a franchise business, we were ranked #1 in customer satisfaction in the nation among other franchises. When I would hire new employees, I spent a lot of time telling them, showing them and reinforcing that we aren't #1 by chance but only by doing things differently than others. It's mainly about setting expectations, communication and follow-through. That'll separate the men from the boys as the 'ole saying goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac VP View Post
We had two different carriers for our 800 number, one being the original version of Cincinnati Bell. Each one seemed to have various technical issues that plagued us off and on. They were informed of the problem each time and they generally kicked the problems back to us. The first things we always checked were our own equipment and lines in the building. We’d replace them with new and the problems remained. And don’t get me started on trying to deal with their so-called customer service reps who barely speak intelligible English.....
Old 01-04-2020, 08:58 AM   #6
35fordtn

Quote:
Mac, toll free I agree I don’t think is as important these days. Each time I call you or Shelley I have always used the non toll free number.

PS if you ever decide you need one again, check out Ring Central. That is who we use
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:20 AM   #7
Seth Swoboda

Quote:
Mac, my former ISP was At&T. Every time I had a line issue, and it was always on their end, I spent an hour on the phone with someone in Bangladesh only to eventually be directed back to the USA.

Quick story, Illinois Dept of Transportation accidentally severed my internet line buried in the road ditch. I called At&T to repair it. They wanted me to restart my modem to solve the problem. I'm like "listen buddy I'm staring at the internet cable in the ground that is severed in two. It's not my modem". Good grief!
Seth Swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 01:36 PM   #8
ford38v8

I've wondered for a number of years of what practical use is an 800 number in the modern world.
I came to the conclusion that vendors wanted to put their best foot forward in dealing with potential customers who were unsure of who's dime the call would be on.