Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2018, 10:40 AM   #1
hb32
Senior Member
 
hb32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: French Creek B.C. Canada
Posts: 890
Default 29 open cab pickup side mirror

Searching but no luck for a pic of the original mirror. Presently have a shiny stainless repop that screws into one of the windshield stanchion screw holes that I donít particularly like. Can someone post a pic or point me in the right direction ?
Thanks.
hb32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 11:23 AM   #2
Bob C
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,640
Default Re: 29 open cab pickup side mirror

I don't know about Canadian OC but US built did not have a side mirror.


Bob
Bob C is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 09-16-2018, 11:45 AM   #3
hb32
Senior Member
 
hb32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: French Creek B.C. Canada
Posts: 890
Default Re: 29 open cab pickup side mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob C View Post
I don't know about Canadian OC but US built did not have a side mirror.


Bob
Well that explains my problem in finding a pic. Pickup came from the US originally as well.
hb32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:35 PM   #4
Mad Mac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 236
Default Re: 29 open cab pickup side mirror

I recently bought a re-pop mirror from Snyders or Brattons (can't remember which) that screws into the upper stanchion screw hole on my '29 OCPU. But I found that the stalk was so short that rear vision was obscured by the canvas top. Then when I made a longer stalk I found that the mirror ball did not rotate enough for me to see behind. The next step is to lengthen the short stalk so the ball can rotate at a greater angle. It was disappointing to have to do all that to something supposedly able to be used "off the shelf".
Mad Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:57 PM   #5
Lawrie
Senior Member
 
Lawrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Qld, Australia
Posts: 2,940
Default Re: 29 open cab pickup side mirror

I made two up for my 28 pickup.
I used the snyders mirror head and made my own stalk.
let me know if you want a pick
Lawrie
Lawrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:00 PM   #6
30 Closed Cab PU
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 173
Default Re: 29 open cab pickup side mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb32 View Post
Searching but no luck for a pic of the original mirror. Presently have a shiny stainless repop that screws into one of the windshield stanchion screw holes that I donít particularly like. Can someone post a pic or point me in the right direction ?
Thanks.

My 30 has a black mirror, as long has been in my family. Was told that black door hinge style was as original, along with black headlights, cowl band, and radiator shell, no rear bumper. Do not know if all this is true. I believe some of the vendors parts lists , list the black hinge mount mirror as being for pickups.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:06 PM   #7
30 Closed Cab PU
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 173
Default Re: 29 open cab pickup side mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 Closed Cab PU View Post
My 30 has a black mirror, as long has been in my family. Was told that black door hinge style was as original, along with black headlights, cowl band, and radiator shell, no rear bumper. Do not know if all this is true. I believe some of the vendors parts lists , list the black hinge mount mirror as being for pickups.

Sorry, did not notice 1st post you have open cab.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.