Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-20-2020, 08:07 AM   #1
russcc

Default EV8 parts vendors

On 4/18/20, a Fordbarner posted a list of 48-52 F1 and F-100 brake & hub bearing parts sources & #s available through Rock Auto & NAPA. Anyone have a list of similar EV8 parts availability through those 2 sources ? If you post them, I will compile a list to share forum members.
russcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 08:43 AM   #2
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Default Re: EV8 parts vendors

The list I posted was not really a list of F1/F100 parts. It was a list of parts used to adapt F1/F100 brakes to earlier Ford front spindles. For the most part these are not the parts one would use in the original 48-52 application. This was derived from researching earlier HR articles and post on the HAMB and other locations and a little trial and error.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:23 AM   #3
35fordtn

I have a very comprehensive list, but with respect I am not sharing to avoid cutting the throats of myself and other small vendors by steering business to a non hobbiest company.
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:32 AM   #4
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35fordtn View Post
I have a very comprehensive list, but with respect I am not sharing to avoid cutting the throats of myself and other small vendors by steering business to a non hobbiest company.
Ah, dang. You are 100% right. I didn't think of this way and should have. Sorry, Michael, Richard & Dennis, Joe and any other vendor I forgot about it.
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:52 AM   #5
35fordtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Ayers View Post
Ah, dang. You are 100% right. I didn't think of this way and should have. Sorry, Michael, Richard & Dennis, Joe and any other vendor I forgot about it.
No need at all to apologize! We are in a free country with the right to spend dollars where we prefer, and I know it's human nature to try and save a dollar or two.
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 12:52 PM   #6
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35fordtn View Post
No need at all to apologize! We are in a free country with the right to spend dollars where we prefer, and I know it's human nature to try and save a dollar or two.

Yeah, but it's obviously worth that dollar or two (and more) when considering everything that Tennessee Service stands for! DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 02:01 PM   #7
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
Yeah, but it's obviously worth that dollar or two (and more) when considering everything that Tennessee Service stands for! DD
Without question.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:57 AM   #8
TJ

The good part of dealing with our small vendors who are also hobbyists is good service. If you have a problem or question you can talk directly with the seller. With the big companies you don't get the service and the person who answers the phone doesn't know a darn thing about the part you bought. Supporting our specialty parts vendors keeps the supply chain of parts flowing for us in the hobby.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:27 AM   #9
Mac VP

Not to mention, it’s not unusual for the prices on such items to be very competitive from the hobby’s smaller vendors. We certainly do check other sources on pricing for stocked parts. For the most part I believe prices are generally similar across the board. As stated above, most times you get good application advice from the small vendors. I know that we have saved customers from wasting money by suggesting a change in the order to the correct part versus the item that they were planning to order. It’s the value of first hand knowledge that most small vendors offers.... and that you can’t put a price on that.
www.vanpeltsales.com
www.classictransmission.com
Mac VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:24 AM   #10
flatheadmurre

Buying from a Vendor that actually uses the parts is saving you a lot of headache !
Buying from a big company with zero qualitycontrol is a gamble and has become close to a 50% chance of working out the way you hoped nowdays sadly.
Despite this people are going for the cheapest offer around and then whining it worked out as expected...working 50%...when will they learn..
flatheadmurre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:39 AM   #11
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac VP View Post
Not to mention, it’s not unusual for the prices on such items to be very competitive from the hobby’s smaller vendors. We certainly do check other sources on pricing for stocked parts. For the most part I believe prices are generally similar across the board. As stated above, most times you get good application advice from the small vendors. I know that we have saved customers from wasting money by suggesting a change in the order to the correct part versus the item that they were planning to order. It’s the value of first hand knowledge that most small vendors offers.... and that you can’t put a price on that.

Ah, crud. How could I forgot to mention Mac & Shelly? Can't thank Mac enough for the trans tid bits he's shared while ordering up some parts.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:27 AM   #12
russcc

Good points. It's not about the money. From my experience and what I understood is that some of the parts from NAPA and Rockauto are still made in the USA. I prefer Van Pelt, 3rd gen, Joes and mostly Fred @ SSO for USA NOS NORS.
russcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:01 PM   #13
RKS.PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by russcc View Post
Good points. It's not about the money. From my experience and what I understood is that some of the parts from NAPA and Rockauto are still made in the USA. I prefer Van Pelt, 3rd gen, Joes and mostly Fred @ SSO for USA NOS NORS.
2X, russ. Hard to imagine going wrong with any of these guys....too much at stake for us and for them. We need each other!!
RKS.PA is offline   Reply With Quote