Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-10-2015, 02:15 PM   #41
HELENT

Default Re: EFV-8 Club of America 2015 ENM in Charlotte/Concord, NC, June 8 - 11

no vic put pic face book
HELENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:33 PM   #42
Vic Piano

Default Re: EFV-8 Club of America 2015 ENM in Charlotte/Concord, NC, June 8 - 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELENT View Post
no vic put pic face book
Did you post photos of the Meet to FaceBook? If so, where? If you want, post photos on the Cigar City Flatheads page. You can join the group and 'like' the page as well.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:18 PM   #43
LazarusLong

Sorry,my mistake for not looking at the date of the post I was replying to.
LazarusLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:16 PM   #44
KiWinUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequietwon View Post
Well, I took the day off and made the 4 hour (each way) drive for the swap meet this morning. Guess How many vendors were there? ONE...disappointed to say the least.
Sam
I am surprised there was even 1 ! What did he have to sell ? Rattlecan carbs ?
A bad day to go to swap meet as it was judging day for all at the racetrack . I went to swapmeet yesterday afternoon with some excess parts & did very well considering the constant small flow . Apparently yesterday morning was quite good . got a couple of great deals also , Brand new 36 Hirsh stainless spider hubcap $100 , NOS interior light with switch $30 , there were several good deal that I looked at .
Cheers
Tony

Last edited by KiWinUS; 06-10-2015 at 06:31 PM.
KiWinUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:27 PM   #45
Vic Piano

Hi Tony, glad you had a good time. I'm still waiting to see some photos of the meet so, I'll post one from back in 1990 at the Eastern Regional Meet in Charlotte. I Paced the Pack of Flatheads that year, also took home a First Place Award for Open Touring '49 - '53 with my '53 Crestline Sunliner. Did I mention that I drove her down from LI, NY...
Old 06-10-2015, 08:19 PM   #46
KiWinUS

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Who is the good lookin young fella drivin Vic ?
OOOOO sweet ride !!!
KiWinUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:29 PM   #47
Vic Piano

LOL Believe it or not... That was me, dark hair and all... The '53 still looks good, she just needs a little TLC... Don't we all...
Old 06-11-2015, 06:46 AM   #48
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Thanks. I am planning on going Monday afternoon and didn't want any surprises.
Sam
The best days for the swap meet were Monday and Tuesday. I did a quick walk through both days and saw some nice parts being offered at reasonable prices. One vender had four Columbia rear center sections for sale. Most of the vendors left Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning since most everyone attending the meet will be on the concourse show field most of that day.
It's too bad you could not get there Monday afternoon as you had first mentioned.
It has been a fun meet so far. Looking forward to the tour today. Have taken many pictures but have not had time to post any. Maybe someone else here will post some pics.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:19 AM   #49
Hugh in NC

Here are a few pictures that I took Wednesday. Sorry guys, I took mostly '40s.

Hugh
Hugh in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:22 AM   #50
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiWinUS View Post
I am surprised there was even 1 ! What did he have to sell ? Rattlecan carbs ?
A bad day to go to swap meet as it was judging day for all at the racetrack . I went to swapmeet yesterday afternoon with some excess parts & did very well considering the constant small flow . Apparently yesterday morning was quite good . got a couple of great deals also , Brand new 36 Hirsh stainless spider hubcap $100 , NOS interior light with switch $30 , there were several good deal that I looked at .
Cheers
Tony
Glad that you found some deals. I heard someone bought Columbia rear for $400.00. My friend bought original 1932 front axle w/ wishbones for $200.00 it has original paint. He also bought original 1932 grill for his 1932 3w for $500.00. Looks like the thequietwon missed out again.

I did not know our friend Ken was going to be there. Did he have any 81 Stromberg there? You should have bought some USA made carb kits from our old friend. Understand the carb business has not been the same sent he was booted from FB.

Tony did you sell any of your cams at the show. I heard that cam business has been good for you. Are your cams made in USA ?

Last edited by HOTROD_WILLIE; 06-11-2015 at 09:36 AM.
HOTROD_WILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:42 AM   #51
BILL WZOREK

Hugh in NC:

THANKS for posting the pictures / for a moment in time I was there >>>>
BILL WZOREK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:12 PM   #52
Chris in MA

Nice Pics Thanks for Sharing.
Chris in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:52 PM   #53
FL&WVMIKE

Hugh in NC ...................................
Thanks or posting those great photos ! It was, almost, like being there.
Hopefully, others will show their view of the Meet.
Thank you,
MIKE (mikeburch)
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:23 PM   #54
thequietwon

Ended up having to work Monday & Tuesday...I'll know better next time. 200 for a 32 axle & wishbone? Sounds like I did miss out. Kind of scary that it was sold that cheap in a group of guys that should know what it is worth...
Sam
thequietwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:17 PM   #55
ford38v8

Quote:
Ended up having to work Monday & Tuesday...I'll know better next time. 200 for a 32 axle & wishbone? Sounds like I did miss out. Kind of scary that it was sold that cheap in a group of guys that should know what it is worth...
Sam
Sam, These swap meets at EFV8CA events are where old friends are reunited, new friends are made, and spare parts find new homes. There are vendors that are well known and nationally advertised, vendors that are known to many but never advertise, first time vendors, and vendors that have nothing to sell but good conversation.
There are vendors that want to profit, and vendors that wouldn't think of making a profit from fellow enthusiasts. In other words, these swaps are the swaps a Fordophile dreams of finding. They are very small compared to well known annual swaps, but you won't find more good stuff, less junk, and better people at any other swap meet, bar none.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:52 PM   #56
rufus39

Here are a few I took Wednesday.
I will add more in separate posts
rufus39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:02 PM   #57
thequietwon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford38v8 View Post
Sam, These swap meets at EFV8CA events are where old friends are reunited, new friends are made, and spare parts find new homes. There are vendors that are well known and nationally advertised, vendors that are known to many but never advertise, first time vendors, and vendors that have nothing to sell but good conversation.
There are vendors that want to profit, and vendors that wouldn't think of making a profit from fellow enthusiasts. In other words, these swaps are the swaps a Fordophile dreams of finding. They are very small compared to well known annual swaps, but you won't find more good stuff, less junk, and better people at any other swap meet, bar none.
That's a refreshing way to look at it. I just got into early Ford's about 5 years ago, and at 39 I am relatively young. Just started going to Hershey 3 years ago, and figured I would go to this meet to see what it was about. The next one that I go to I will be sure to get there early. I did enjoy the cars and spent the day with my 10 year old son, so it wasn't a wasted day by any means...
Sam
thequietwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:03 PM   #58
rufus39

A Few More.. I could look at these all day long..
Old 06-11-2015, 03:21 PM   #59
rufus39

one more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_134127800_HDR.jpg (330.8 KB, 38 views)
Old 06-11-2015, 03:35 PM   #60
Vic Piano

Excellent photos, thanks to all who have posted.