Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
34flathead
Senior Member
 
34flathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: norcal
Posts: 173
Default ultimate barn find

anyone seen this yet? 8 videos that play in sequence.
rich
http://www.coolestone.com/media/3728/America039%3bs-Ultimate-Barn-Find/
34flathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
329s
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Walla Walla, WA
Posts: 239
Default Re: ultimate barn find

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34flathead View Post
anyone seen this yet? 8 videos that play in sequence.
rich
http://www.coolestone.com/media/3728/America039%3bs-Ultimate-Barn-Find/
UNBELIEVABLE!...And to think that there are still places out here in the USA that still have not been seen yet.

Thanks for sharing.

The videos paused about every 15 seconds for about 5 seconds, took some time to see the first one.

Pluck
329s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 07-21-2012, 12:09 AM   #3
james hitchcock
Senior Member
 
james hitchcock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Visalia Ca.
Posts: 617
Default Re: ultimate barn find

Waah, I can't get it to open.....
james hitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:10 AM   #4
james hitchcock
Senior Member
 
james hitchcock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Visalia Ca.
Posts: 617
Default Re: ultimate barn find

Says my computer doesn't know how to open the address. Phooey !
james hitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:02 AM   #5
WTSHNN
Senior Member
 
WTSHNN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,125
Default Re: ultimate barn find

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34flathead View Post
anyone seen this yet?
Seen it? I spent four days last November watching the bikes and nearly every other thing sell at auction.

Lots of pictures and information here;
http://fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46769

-Tim
WTSHNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
28RPU
Senior Member
 
28RPU's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: South central Tenn
Posts: 367
Default Re: ultimate barn find

Quote:
Originally Posted by james hitchcock View Post
Says my computer doesn't know how to open the address. Phooey !
Its the Hartung collection that has been discussed here before.
__________________
Donít pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, heíll just kill you.
28RPU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
Dal's Dream Car
Member
 
Dal's Dream Car's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Alton Bay, NH
Posts: 58
Default Re: ultimate barn find

That is cool! Imagine that man was probably dirt poor and had all that beautiful stuff!~
Dal's Dream Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
Tinker
Senior Member
 
Tinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MN/FL
Posts: 4,664
Default Re: ultimate barn find

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28RPU View Post
Its the Hartung collection that has been discussed here before.
And it was on tv too. Cool collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal's Dream Car View Post
That is cool! Imagine that man was probably dirt poor and had all that beautiful stuff!~
Im not sure what to think about this comment. Was he dirt poor in his thinking or dirt poor in a modern world of rich? Or was he really even poor? I didnt see any gold toliets i guess, saved things only, and i didnt do a tally of his bank accounts. so he was probably an a-hole with this thinking, but here we are talking about it.... Again.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #9
Ken Ehrenhofer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Woodstock, Illinois
Posts: 596
Default Re: ultimate barn find

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
And it was on tv too. Cool collection.



Im not sure what to think about this comment. Was he dirt poor in his thinking or dirt poor in a modern world of rich? Or was he really even poor? I didnt see any gold toliets i guess, saved things only, and i didnt do a tally of his bank accounts. so he was probably an a-hole with this thinking, but here we are talking about it.... Again.
Interesting thought about Lee. I never considered him poor and I knew him for almost 50 years. Eccentric.......always interesting........moody and a few other things made him a "character" as we say in the area around Chicago.
Of course we refer to all of us old car guys as "characters" some more so than others and Lee fit right into that to all who knew him. He was a bit of a loaner but then I just never new he had so may friends. He wanted to live the way he did or he would have changed his ways. His daughter died of cancer around 40 years old and that must have had an impact. He was great collector and his "Big Show" after his passing will certainly be talked about for decades. It drives home the point that we do not own our collections but rather we are keeping them for the next guy. In this case I bought a bus from Lee's auction which he bought in 1972 so for 40 years Lee kept it so I could own it today and I am taking care of it until the next owner takes over. Of course my auction will probably be remembered for a week or two! I saw some pictures of him today showing Jay Leno some of his stuff and Jay was impressed. All I can say is thanks to Lee for being such a great collector so we can now enjoy all of his efforts. thanks to Margie and Bob It was a most memorable week.
Ken
Ken Ehrenhofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #10
road_king
Member
 
road_king's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: KY
Posts: 77
Default Re: ultimate barn find

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ehrenhofer View Post
Interesting thought about Lee. I never considered him poor and I knew him for almost 50 years. Eccentric.......always interesting........moody and a few other things made him a "character" as we say in the area around Chicago.
Of course we refer to all of us old car guys as "characters" some more so than others and Lee fit right into that to all who knew him. He was a bit of a loaner but then I just never new he had so may friends. He wanted to live the way he did or he would have changed his ways. His daughter died of cancer around 40 years old and that must have had an impact. He was great collector and his "Big Show" after his passing will certainly be talked about for decades. It drives home the point that we do not own our collections but rather we are keeping them for the next guy. In this case I bought a bus from Lee's auction which he bought in 1972 so for 40 years Lee kept it so I could own it today and I am taking care of it until the next owner takes over. Of course my auction will probably be remembered for a week or two! I saw some pictures of him today showing Jay Leno some of his stuff and Jay was impressed. All I can say is thanks to Lee for being such a great collector so we can now enjoy all of his efforts. thanks to Margie and Bob It was a most memorable week.
Ken
Yes indeed. I was fortunate enough to attend the auction and buy two Model A coupes as well as lots of Model A parts. Ken, my wife and I met you as well. You may not remember but we were one of the younger couples (in our 30's) there bidding and I believe she got your card. It was a once in a lifetime event. The other neat thing was one of Margies son's, Bill and his wife gave us a call yesterday while they were passing through town and we had lunch with them. Bill was able to give me even more interesting stories on Lee Roy since he grew up around the muesum. Hope the school bus is coming along it was an interesting piece and I know how excited you were when you won it. Enjoy.
road_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #11
joe plumber
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 818
Default Re: ultimate barn find

Amazing ,that's all I can say .
joe plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #12
bartmcneill
Senior Member
 
bartmcneill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ada, OK
Posts: 555
Default Re: ultimate barn find

Took them long enough to get to the cars. Great though. I met a guy in Dallas that inherited a bunch of Model As from his uncle and he knows nothing about them and does not want them. Has a 31 two door Phaeton with a special original motor for climing altitudes. looks neat. see them at www.picturetrail.com/bartmcneill folder is Red Oak Texas
bartmcneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #13
Purdy Swoft
Senior Member
 
Purdy Swoft's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 7,153
Default Re: ultimate barn find

I've watched it a couple of times on Velocity, it will probably be on again !!
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #14
Tinker
Senior Member
 
Tinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MN/FL
Posts: 4,664
Default Re: ultimate barn find

Ken Ehrenhofer, I don't know if my sarcasm came through on the web. Riches are measured in many ways. Sometimes people get put in that hoarders box and are negatively perceived. I think that Lee would have been a great guy to know and to talk to.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #15
bugsiegel
Senior Member
 
bugsiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 248
Default Re: ultimate barn find

What was the outcome with the skeletal found?
was it identified?
__________________
Mechanically Inclined but not Auto Familiar
bugsiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #16
Tinker
Senior Member
 
Tinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MN/FL
Posts: 4,664
Default Re: ultimate barn find

^^^ I had to look that up, never heard that.

http://bortzcars.wordpress.com/2011/...debra-powless/

http://bringatrailer.com/2011/10/11/...bmw-cabriolet/
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #17
road_king
Member
 
road_king's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: KY
Posts: 77
Default Re: ultimate barn find

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsiegel View Post
What was the outcome with the skeletal found?
was it identified?
I'm pretty sure the coroner got involved and they took it over...
road_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 AM.