Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-26-2021, 06:01 PM   #1
51504bat

Default Problems Posting photos

I've been able to post photos both here on the Barn and the HAMB as well foe seems like forever. But in the last day or 2 I can't post photos on the Barn. No problems over on the HAMB. When I try to upload photos I get the following message:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.
If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

I reduced the photo size to a bare minimum (even though photos that won't post posted before. I also tried just posting one single photo per Ryan's suggestion and no go. Changed browsers and tried posting directly from my phone. Still the same error message. I'm going to try using my digital camera instead of the camera on my phone to see if it might be something with my phone but the battery needs charging so it won't be until tomorrow to try that. Anyone experienced this issue or have any suggestions of what to do to resolve this? Thanks.
Old 09-26-2021, 06:24 PM   #2
Lawson Cox

Default Re: Problems Posting photos

Don't feel pregnant. I too have trouble posting pictures, along with hundreds of other folks. Search the archives for queries on the subject and prove me wrong. I know nothing about the ins and outs of running a site like this, or the costs associated with such an operation but certainly Ryan could come up with a click and drag method of posting pictures like Facebook, eBay, as well as most every email service provider. Hell, I'd even be willing to pay a reasonable price to post a picture. My 2¢.

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:36 PM   #3
51 MERC-CT

Try logging out, then log in again.
Old 09-26-2021, 06:55 PM   #4
paul2748

I have no problem uploading pictures. Very easy if you follow the How-Tos that have been posted.
paul2748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:10 PM   #5
51504bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2748 View Post
I have no problem uploading pictures. Very easy if you follow the How-Tos that have been posted.

Been posting photos since I joined 8 years ago. This is a new issue to me.
Old 09-26-2021, 07:13 PM   #6
51504bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51 MERC-CT View Post
Try logging out, then log in again.

No luck.
Old 09-26-2021, 08:22 PM   #7
Newc

Hi; I have problem trying to post in the REPLY box in PMs here you use the Post reply for photos. newc
Newc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:02 PM   #8
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawson Cox View Post
Don't feel pregnant. I too have trouble posting pictures. Hell, I'd even be willing to pay a reasonable price to post a picture. My 2¢.

Lawson .....YOU need to be willing to sit down and PRACTICE instead of complaining again. Below, AGAIN.... is the write-up that I have spent a lot of time crafting and posting, more than once, JUST FOR YOU.....an accomplished attorney. This shouldn't be too hard for a Geogia lawyer. Hell, I'm old too, and I taught MYSELF to do this picture stuff in my sleep. DD

POSTING PICTURES

There are TWO different types of pictures that can be posted here on this forum. The FIRST is to post a picture that is located SOMEWHERE on the internet. Pictures on the internet must be posted in the form of a "URL". Any time you want to post a URL, you are going to begin the process by using the SQUARE, YELLOW icon in the upper border with MOUNTAINS ( ). A "URL" is that "http://www.........." identifier that everything POSTED ON THE INTERNET will have showing at the very top of your screen display.

Any time you wish to post a picture that you have stored on your computer, you must begin the process by using the small PAPER CLIP icon located in the TOP MARGIN ( ).

Not ALL "REPLY" windows offer BOTH of those icons to work with. You MUST begin your POST, or REPLY to a post in a window which has BOTH of these icons available in the TOP MARGIN.

There are FOUR sure-fire ways to bring-up a window which has BOTH icons available to use in the TOP MARGIN.

FIRST WAY: When you begin a new thread, you must use the BLUE, "START A NEW THREAD" button ( ), located at the upper, left of page. A window opens which has BOTH icons in the UPPER BORDER.

SECOND WAY: When you want to answer or address a particular quote by another poster, you begin by left clicking on the BLUE "QUOTE" button ( ). A window opens in which you can address the quote, plus BOTH of the icons will be available in the TOP MARGIN for posting pictures.

THIRD WAY: The third way, and the way that I just automatically use whenever I make MOST of my posts, is to begin by clicking the BLUE "POST REPLY" button ( ) at the lower, left of EVERY page. A window will open that allows your verbiage, plus BOTH of the icons for posting pictures appear in the TOP MARGIN.

FOURTH WAY: Any time you are making a post, and you wish to post pictures but find that the picture-posting icon IS NOT available in the TOP MARGIN, look around toward the bottom of the window that you are using for a RECTANGULAR button that says "Go Advanced". Your window will change to one that has BOTH icons needed for posting pictures in the TOP MARGIN.

Also remember that if a picture is too large, that USUALLY e-mailing a picture to yourself will re-size the picture small enough to post here.

You also MUST remember to click on the rectangular "Submit Reply" button to complete the posting of the picture.

Does this help you any? DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE

Last edited by V8COOPMAN; 09-26-2021 at 09:18 PM.
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:25 PM   #9
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newc View Post
Hi; I have problem trying to post in the REPLY box in PMs here you use the Post reply for photos. newc

GOOD choice ....I use that "POST REPLY" ( ) button for ALMOST all of my posts. BOTH icons are available for posting pictures. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:39 PM   #10
Tinker

They are tracking your meta-data bat! hahaha

It's all a simple answer. But it's complicated.

Probably a good idea to secure uploads on here from Ryan. Not sure the process. I'll give it a try.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210830 Great Race.jpg (64.5 KB, 150 views)

Last edited by Tinker; 09-26-2021 at 09:51 PM.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:39 PM   #11
Tinker

No issue here. Probably a glitch in the matrix. It'll return.
Old 09-26-2021, 09:51 PM   #12
51504bat

Just a follow up. I tried to post some photos to this thread: https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304099
a couple of minutes ago. No go. Same error message. I then logged onto the HAMB and the exact photos posted no problem. I emailed them to another Barner who offered to post them. If they upload it tells me the problem isn't with the photos but maybe something with me connection. But I have tried using Fire Fox and Microsoft Edge and both show the same error message. Even tried directly from my phone no go. Its just too strange. Maybe I need a tin foil hat?
Old 09-26-2021, 09:52 PM   #13
Tinker

Why microsoft edge? I have not visited this site from my phone. So no idea about that.

Lets see if another barner can post them. I'm guessing the fordbarn is the redheaded step child to the hamb. Or the truck to the ford car. It gets the improvements after. I'd guess it's on your end.

Last edited by Tinker; 09-26-2021 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-26-2021, 10:02 PM   #14
Tinker

hope this helps......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 10.03.01 PM.jpg (15.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 09-26-2021, 10:19 PM   #15
expavr

A Photo of a window crank that I recently posted from my PC laptop Pictures and reduced its pixel size using Photoshop 14. Lets see if this works.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Truck-Window-Crank.jpg (27.1 KB, 37 views)
expavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:21 PM   #16
Tinker

I see that expavr.
Old 09-26-2021, 10:25 PM   #17
51504bat

I just copied a photo that I posted a week or so ago and it would have posted as a new thread but I logged off before it posted. I'll try it here. If it posts it tells me there is an issue with the photos I was trying to post. I have no idea what since they posted just fine on the HAMB. Now it looks like there might be an issue with the batch of photos I was trying to post. I'll check the camera settings on my phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210831_152537.jpg (35.0 KB, 46 views)
Old 09-26-2021, 10:27 PM   #18
Tinker

Make sure to log out of fordbarn and all accounts. Restart your browser from time to time. Your computer too. They have updates. The meta data on your camera doesn't matter. I can upload images stripped of any info and they will post.

I'd guess you are using a image hosting database that is giving you issue. When in the cloud it gets storming sometimes. I have an 1t external drive for 60$ off amazon. I don't need anymore storage then that and I have it.

Last edited by Tinker; 09-26-2021 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-26-2021, 10:42 PM   #19
51504bat

Don't use the cloud. Email my photos from my phone to my lap top. I log off each time I'm done using my lap top. I'm sure that this will somehow work out. Tomorrow I'll try posting some photos from my digital camera. Don't know if that will make a difference or not.
Old 09-26-2021, 10:42 PM   #20
petehoovie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51504bat View Post
I just copied a photo that I posted a week or so ago and it would have posted as a new thread but I logged off before it posted. I'll try it here. If it posts it tells me there is an issue with the photos I was trying to post. I have no idea what since they posted just fine on the HAMB. Now it looks like there might be an issue with the batch of photos I was trying to post. I'll check the camera settings on my phone.

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote