Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-04-2017, 08:16 AM   #21
Smurkey

Default Re: 1929 Town Sedan barn find progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rparker28 View Post
Well......I am really confused now........I will post a picture today of the wiper motor and the stamping. I know it has been said on here somewhere but how do I determine for sure what year? The number stamped on my engine block is:

Star. A1857035 Star

Ralph
Looks like a June 1928 build date. Check out this link http://www.fordgarage.com/pages/ABenginenumbers.htm#C3

The beauty is you can start off by making it safe and using it and then decide later if you want to do a full restore. One of the rare times in life you can have it both ways.
Smurkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:45 AM   #22
Rparker28

Thanks Smurkey! That is an incredible resource. Appreciate.......I agree on the driving it like it is for now......I can see that when you do one thing to it then that leads to another and another. It is important to me to get it running and out in front of people. Cars bring people from every walk of life together and I saw that at the car show yesterday more clearly than ever. A lot of issues in our world these days and why can't we be a part of the healing,solution to some of those issues by doing what we love! Okay,I got up on my soap box again but I am getting off now,Ralph
Rparker28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 06-04-2017, 06:40 PM   #23
Rparker28

Barnstuf....please see attached photo of my wiper motor,Ralph
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (23.6 KB, 26 views)
Old 06-04-2017, 07:30 PM   #24
Smurkey

Yeah, that's definitely not the correct one for the car. It's a Trico, but I don't think its a Model A model, looks most like a TR-C1A but some minor diferences.

Per the Judging Standards: "Electric wipers were standard equipment on all closed cars from late October 1927 and became standard equipment on all passenger cars by the beginning of 1929."

It's probably been replaced because the electrics are scarcer than hen's teeth. Based on a June 1928 build date, the correct wiper would be a an Owen-Dyneto C1B.
Smurkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:49 PM   #25
Rparker28

Thanks Smurkey for the valuable info..........I have not heard about hens teeth in a long time. Got the wiper motor put back on today along with new vacuum hose. Repacked the wheels bearings today also,Ralph