Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2019, 12:48 AM   #1
ETAModel

Default New to the Addiction...

I grew up watching the Walton's and listening to my dad talk about Model A's. I still don't own one, but a good friend bought a '30 Fordor last month and I am the designated driver due to his physical limitations.

She's road ready...mostly, but needs a little tweaking.
She appears to be a 1970's rebuild, seems to be all original, Briggs body, Mohair interior, has a strong motor (top speed so far is 63), I'm learning how to drive her and do some upkeep.

I'm having problems keeping the fan belt tight, which is causing her to run hot. I've tightened it but it got loose after an afternoon drive...maybe needs a lock washer on the generator bolt. The firewall shows signs of water blowing onto it, and she takes a cpl qts of water after a drive.

I also think the hose clamps might need replacing...the original ones don't seem to be working.

I saw the model A how-to youtube videos, havent watched them yet. I grew up driving tractors and dad's 58 Ford P/U, so double clutching/timing the gears is nothing new.

I'll have plenty to ask in the coming days...I have my eye on a '29 Tudor!

ET

PS, I've been "ghosting" this site a while, finally have a reason to say something.
ETAModel is offline   Reply With Quote