Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > Wanted > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
40mike

Default 50 lb Oil sending unit

City: Placerville
State: Calif

Need Oil Pressure sending unit, early stock working 50 lb unit with the 50 lb mark on base. It now has a 80 lb sending unit with a 50 lb pump and the reading on gauge is off.
Thanks
Mike/ [email protected]

Last edited by 40mike; 11-06-2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Title edit
40mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
David W Juliano

Default Re: 50 lb Oil sending unit

Mike: Prior to 1942 the car oil sending units had no markings on the base, all were 50#. Only when they went to the 80# system did Ford start marking the bases either 50# or 80#. The ones with the 50# markings were designed as replacement units for the pre-42 cars. I have a couple of very good used 50# (base unmarked) units. $30.00 plus shipping cost.
[email protected]
David W Juliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #3
JM 35 Sedan

Here are two old Fordbarn posts that I had copied into my files for future reference. They might interest you regarding finding a 50# oil pressure sending unit:

1. The sending units were manufactured by King Sealy and have a KS logo stamped on the top. They made 50# units for Willy's, Kaiser, Packard, and others as well. Let you in on a secret, essentially the 50# pressure units were the same. The only difference from Ford was the thread that fits into the block. Ford used a larger thread. I have found the Willy's (PN 647571) and using an off the shelf adapter have been able to fit the sender into the Ford FH V-8 without affecting performance. Look for these on e-bay or at a Jeep parts house or auto parts store.

2. Kaiser Willy's Has the 50# sending units, But like mentioned by others they had smaller thread so a adapter is needed for Ford application. The Part is made in the U.S.A. by Crown the part # is 3212004. You can contact them at: [email protected]

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #4
40mike

Thanks for info on oil sending unit.
40mike is offline   Reply With Quote