Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-16-2021, 04:22 AM   #1
Mart

Default 32 ford 2 door sedan. door window removal.

I'm sure it can't be too difficult but before I cludge my way through the job, does anyone have any pointers?

Glass all the way up? Glass down? Glass out first then regulator? Regulator first? Etc. Etc.

Thanks in advance.

Mart.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 05:52 AM   #2
deuce lover

Default Re: 32 ford 2 door sedan. door window removal.

Mart,For the doors.When I did my 32 umpteen yrs ago.Glass down,you need to fiddle to disconnect the arms from the channel then pull up and out.The front and rear felt channel if not out will have to be removed.Then pull or remove the regulator.If you need to remove the latches -the metal channel will have to come out.
deuce lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 05:56 AM   #3
DavidG

Prop up the glass in its uppermost position and support it underneath with a stick or something similar, then remove the regulator followed by removal of the vertical channel on the inside of the rear of the door. Then you'll be able to remove the glass and the steel horizontal attached to the bottom of the glass by tilting it slightly.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:57 AM   #4
325w

What DG says. Also a good time to lube the latch and are change the spring that levels the handle
325w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:41 PM   #5
Allinger

I assume you are referencing the front windows. Rear windows are easy. The key is releasing the tabs on the top and bottom of the fury vertical window channel. At least one furry vertical window channel has to removed before you can remove the glass.
This channel has a hook on the top portion that slots into the door frame and is held down by gravity and the lower tab. The lower tab in the channel is pushed into a slot in the the metal door frame and then bent over to hold it. If you can locate the lower rear one (easier) bend it horizontally and the bottom of channel should pull to the center of the door. then you can pull it up and out from above when the glass is lowered.
What David G. says. Glass fully up, remove the 6 screws holding the window regulator mechanism. Push the mechanism back until the square portion of the roller is inside the door. Release whatever is holding the glass fully up, and slide both the glass and regulator downward. Once the square portion of the roller mechanism is accessible in the lower section of the door, you will have to it roll up or down to line up the wheels that travel in slots in the metal glass channel until you get it to a point where the rollers line up with the corresponding large round portions of the channel to pull the regulator free from the glass channel. Remove the regulator though the lower portion of the door. With the regulator out, remove the furry vertical channel for either the front or rear (rear is usually easier) as described above. With the vertical furry channel out, the glass can be moved forward/rearward and tilted enough to pull out the top of the door. Then you have access to the front furry channel and can remove it in the same fashion as the rear.
Allinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 05:08 PM   #6
Mart

Thanks for all the excellent advice. I only have one window, and it is out. There were only remnants of the channels so I have a lot of repairs and reinstatements to make before the new ones go in. All the details re the furry channels are most welcome.

One thing I found when removing the regulator is I had to slide it rearwards first and remove the front arm from the channel, then I could tilt it downwards and slide it forwards enough to remove the rear arm from the channel.

Lots of good info in this thread. Thanks fellas.

Mart.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote