Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-30-2010, 11:38 PM   #41
sturgis 39

Default Re: Hey Fellas... Some Clarification...

I use to only go to the early v/8 site. I think the new Ford barn has taken away from their readership. I still check it out daily. A lot of the same names appear on both sites. I like the Ford Barn as it is now.

Do not get me started on the stupidity of ethanol. I think one of the monitors is from Iowa and he will delete the thread.
sturgis 39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:52 PM   #42
jnunez1955

all i know, im building a car that focuses on an early ford.
I wanted info on converting my model A box to an f1 1948 box...which is completely appropriate topic.
some people like HitchHiker opted to say that i was rude and disrespectful to try an update my model A with improve performance and reliability and that my question should only be for hamb material.
jnunez1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #43
'36 5W

xxxxxx

Last edited by '36 5W; 01-09-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: conflicting info.
'36 5W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #44
Ryan
Administrator

Bottom line, this is not and will not be a STREET ROD forum.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #45
BIG MIKE

Talking Re: Hey Fellas... Some Clarification...

I'll give clarification, i'll run my Flatheaded Tank over your Old sheet metal cars! LOL
BIG MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:59 PM   #46
Lanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG MIKE View Post
I'll give clarification, i'll run my Flatheaded Tank over your Old sheet metal cars! LOL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice Offer Big Mike, but..... No Thanks...lol

If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
But if daddy ain't happy...RUN
Lanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #47
BIG MIKE

Talking Re: Hey Fellas... Some Clarification...

Cheers LOL
BIG MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #48
52merc

well is there a site dedicated for only stock flatheads???????????my 2 cents worth
52merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #49
TonyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52merc View Post
well is there a site dedicated for only stock flatheads???????????my 2 cents worth
That would be the Early Ford V-8 Club of America website forum.

http://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/index.cfm

TM.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #50
MARVIN, CT

I've been working my '52 MGTD with the 60hp engine over the last year or so. I wouldn't come here for MG info but I've gotten a lot of great help here for the engine and transmission. And for that, I say Thanks, FORD BARN. Marv Stuart
MARVIN, CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #51
Teich

I have two 1948 cars first is a Pontiac which i know is a street rod, the other is a Ford not sure where it fits. Ford has a 52 flathead engine merc cam soon three duces,overdrive truck trans look orig. from bottom, 39 Lincoln brakes, is 12v. and every thing else is as Ford made it, so i wonder where it fits? I built the Ford as i could afford when i was 16 which was a longjtime ago (now63) can afford more wizzie stuff now but thought i wouldn't be right,kinda like the way it turned out! The Pontiac seems to be in trouble may have to go! I am quite new here, if it was the post about the 302 into a Forty maybe more should have replied about keeping the orig. engine rebuild maybe some period perf. parts or even a newer flat motor. Also the poster should have read more of the Barn to get a better idea of the type of cars that are here. Thanks Laurie
Teich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:57 AM   #52
fourtydlx

Send a message via Yahoo to fourtydlx

Ive been coming to this site for only short time,I love old cars and new, ,Ive gained back a lot of knowledge back that has slipped away,met some nice people,We should try to follow the rules as set, When you quit learning its time for the box, love this site,just a idle thought
fourtydlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:54 PM   #53
RP36

Hey all, I just joined the other day and already made a good contact and found great stuff that isn't on the Jalopy Journal, to which I also belong. My latest acquisition is a 36 5 window with a 47 motor and some juice breaks, later steering box, etc.. Old modifiers would only be real familiar with this stuff which I'll need help with and the true blue ford guys here really know their stuff. I want to keep it in it's "original" 50's or 60's "stock" condition. I don't want to restore or do a SBC.

So lets keep our cards straight and deal out of the right deck when we post and we will all be better for it.

Great site everyone, I'm glad I found it and by the way sorry if I violated the rule but I didn't properly introduce myself yet: so hey I'm Rob and I also have a stock restored 1930 A. It's good to be here
RP36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #54
RP36

Hey all, I just joined the other day and already made a good contact and found great stuff that isn't on the Jalopy Journal, to which I also belong. My latest acquisition is a 36 5 window with a 47 motor and some juice breaks, later steering box, etc.. Old modifiers would only be real familiar with this stuff which I'll need help with and the true blue ford guys here really know their stuff. I want to keep it in it's "original" 50's or 60's "stock" condition. I don't want to restore or do a SBC.

So lets keep our cards straight and deal out of the right deck when we post and we will all be better for it.

Great site everyone, I'm glad I found it and by the way sorry if I violated the rule but I didn't properly introduce myself yet: so hey I'm Rob and I also have a stock restored 1930 A. It's good to be here
RP36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #55
TonyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP36 View Post

Welcome

TonyM
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:48 AM   #56
TomT/Williamsburg

Sorry, but I just picked up on this thread ....

The Fordbarn was always about flatheads and old Fords - we had different sections for different years and segments of the flathead/Ford hobby and a streetrod section was included. But it was always about putting a flathead or an old Ford back on the road, the trials and tribultions of doing so, and the ups and downs of keeping it there.

Well, I guess that being said and all of what has been said here of what this site is and what it isn't puts me "out of the fold" as well. None of my flattie powered Ford cars are stock by any means w/5-speeds, F100 brakes and steering in my 32, Vega steering in my 40 and an 8 inch rear, and a 4.3V6/5-speed combo going into my early 60s look and feel 40 p-up - I could go on and on.

I always felt welcomed here and at home before but now, having read all of the comments on this thread, I don't feel that any longer. My flathead and Ford experience is based on what I know and build and "stockers" aren't it. I love them and appreciate them but they are not my direct experience which is where I comment from.

I know you have to do your thing Ryan, and I totally respect you for your decision/opinion as to what the Fordbarn is and what it isn't - nothing ever stays the same. But, I no longer fit the mold here. I do agree w/Hamtown Al regarding the use and response on the HAMB for what we like to build, though - the nature of the beast I guess.

No problem, though - I'll continue to lurk and PM folks once in awhile but other than that I'll get back to the garage and place whatever comments on what/how/why I build what I build on other sites ....
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:10 PM   #57
Scott H

Well I hope the guys who have modified cars and trucks decide to stick around.

Like many have already said in this thread, I'm not signing on here looking for info on street rods or how to put a chevy in my 36 Ford.

But I do find interest and welcome the threads and posts about how to fit something from a later year on to an earlier car. Heck, even if a guy wanted to run a 289 v8 in one of these old cars he would probably have lots of relevant questions about everything else on his car except the new engine. Like how to do king pins, how to rebuild the door innards, what to do with gauges and all sorts of things.

Just because the car has one or two modifications doesn't mean you can't find valuable info here on the rest of the car.

I really enjoy the Ford Barn, and I also log onto the HAMB and MustangsandMore. Mustangs site seems to be the most tolerant, except they also have the Political Pit forum for when the guys want a bit more heated discussion. HAMB makes no bones about expressing their opinions, often in colorful language. That's why I like the Barn and the Mustang site, the moderators are very good about keeping it clean and keeping it friendly.

Ryan - THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HARD WORK YOU DO TO RUN THIS SITE, it really IS appreciated!

Last edited by Scott H; 01-20-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #58
krowbar39

I'm new to this forum and posted a question regarding replacing a rear end and putting parallel leaf spring in my STOCK 39 Standard. I too want to keep my car correct, but with a few subtle changes, like a "hopped up" 49 8rt, and F1 juice brakes up front. Now I do respect the Ford Barn and it's people and what they want to accomplish. Are my modifications too much for those purists does this make those uneasy. After all these few modifications were not out of the "norm" back in the late 40's or early 50's. If these modifications are not in line with this form then let me know and I will go somewhere else. If what I am doing is o.k. then I don't need "Mrs. Kravits" snooping around and asking why i want to do do this...you know who you are. I would just like an answer to my question......thanks I feel better.
krowbar39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #59
Tony Martino

Stockers it's the Barn
Hot rods it's the HAMB
Easy
love 'em both!
My $.02
Tony Martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:18 PM   #60
TJ

I say stick around. Your modifications should not be a reason to leave. You are still running a flathead and the rear end change is not much different than a guy running a Mitchell overdrive,converting to 12 volts, or disc brakes for safety reasons.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote