Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-11-2021, 11:53 AM   #61
deuce_roadster

Default Re: Manners... A new rule...

I have a question. I often look and see how many times my User Page is accessed. Usually it goes up by a few every now and then. Lately it has been going up by huge amounts and the list of last 10 visitors hasn't changed. I am talking 50 to 80 at a day.
Is this perhaps a bug in the program that updates this? It just seems odd to me.
Thanks
deuce_roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 07:19 AM   #62
Adaptive Reuse

Oh... and fellas... opinions are fine. However, if you can't post your opinion without bagging on someone else's you need to keep your opinion to yourself. Drama simply isn't welcomed here guys.... under ANY circumstance.

indeed. welcome the dialog, but remember, somebody loves that car...
Adaptive Reuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 07:38 PM   #63
Shortbed12

It doesn’t cost any money $$$$ to be nice
Shortbed12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 07:49 PM   #64
Shortbed12

When you answer a dumb question you educate someone
That’s a good thing
Shortbed12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 10:20 AM   #65
Ron_r1959

I am new but seems like common sense to me, although given the last year or so, that seems to be in short supply.....
Ron_r1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 07:57 AM   #66
tubman

Is there a way to "Report" a PM like you can a post on a thread?

I received a PM out of the blue this morning that I would report if it were a post.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 07:59 PM   #67
lgndlt5

Hi Ryan so sorry to hijac this ancient thread. Am sort of. frustrated. Essentially I reached out several months ago requesting full access FYI the Model A forum so I can utilize it fully. Never got a response (bought 30 “A” project in October. I am mystified regarding how gain full permissions on both this and the “T” forums. What is required to dos. Thanks for all you do. John. (Lgndlt5). Can you provide help to upgrade my permissions? Please let me know what I need to do. Thank you. John sullivan
lgndlt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 01:21 PM   #68
Ryan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgndlt5 View Post
Hi Ryan so sorry to hijac this ancient thread. Am sort of. frustrated. Essentially I reached out several months ago requesting full access FYI the Model A forum so I can utilize it fully. Never got a response (bought 30 “A” project in October. I am mystified regarding how gain full permissions on both this and the “T” forums. What is required to dos. Thanks for all you do. John. (Lgndlt5). Can you provide help to upgrade my permissions? Please let me know what I need to do. Thank you. John sullivan
You have full admissions man. Your account is ready to go. Shoot me an email if you are having issues.
Old 04-21-2022, 12:02 PM   #69
mfirth

Why can't we all just get along ..... Sometimes, silence is GOLDEN !
mfirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 10:42 AM   #70
Jim grant jr

Rayn I wish I would have read all of this before signing up on you site. Please remove me from your website. I'm not good with shit talker's that sit behind there computer and just down other people all day. I was hoping to get some good info on some for the old car and truck stuff I have but I see that not going to happen on here. Thank's Jim
Jim grant jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 12:11 AM   #71
Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfirth View Post
Why can't we all just get along ..... Sometimes, silence is GOLDEN !

Well for the most part people can't get along. Big world with a lot of ideas.

Silence is golden less someone is stomping on your head. Then maybe say something. Or say nothing... I'd say, say something.

Ultimately this place is full of a lot of very experienced flathead people. It's a give and take. It usually washes out over time. Enjoy the ride and don't make or create a environment of personal attacks vs flathead opinions. Enjoy!

Don't punch up too much past your weight or ever punch down. Keep your ears open and be involved.

Last edited by Tinker; 07-21-2022 at 01:37 AM.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 04:37 PM   #72
J.D.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgndlt5 View Post
I'm in the same boat. Been lurking around since 2016 but since I say very little and only post when I need help I can no longer message sellers, post wanted ads, and various other things. Seems like I'm being penalized for not randomly replying to posts just to get my post count up even though I've been a member for a while now.
J.D.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 01:42 PM   #73
lgndlt5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I don't know where to start... So, lets start here. Read that thread in its entirety and note the seemingly endless list of people that feel as though they are being sniped or harassed by other users.

Ironically, some of the people complaining on that thread are the same people that are causing issues. Generally speaking, it's a huge mess... and I'm to blame. I just haven't done a good enough job getting rid of users that are destructive to the community. Today, I'm hoping to get back on the right track.

So, I'm introducing a new rule or protocol for dealing with users that just can't manage to post politely. It's a typical three strike rule. Essentially, a user that posts without manners will be banned for one week. A second offense and they will be banned for a month. A third offense and they will be banned permanently. Automatic bans will also be used for users that are obviously trying to cause problems for either the forum or a specific user.

We will give no special consideration for users with large post counts or specialized Ford Knowledge or anything else. It's a black and white deal.

Be nice or don't post.

I need help however... If someone posts something derogatory towards you, don't respond (if you further instigate the problem, you could be banned as well) - instead, use the report button. Help us weed out the people that are being so disruptive. We really need the help fellas...

Oh... and fellas... opinions are fine. However, if you can't post your opinion without bagging on someone else's you need to keep your opinion to yourself. Drama simply isn't welcomed here guys.... under ANY circumstance.

This is a fluid deal too. I'm working to clean the joint up and my strategies might fluctuate, but the general message will not.

Thanks fellas... and sorry for all the trouble,

Ryan
_____
Hi Ryan. This is unrelated to the post above. I m a several year member in the early v8 forum. Lgndlt5. I purchased. Model A a year ago. I had reached out to enjoy access privileges to the model A group. My profile now indicates that l may post replies post as of late-however when I try to reply to any Model a segment post it will not allow me to. Why does say I have access in my profile yet every attempt is blocked by I don’t have access??? Please explain what eke I need to do to allow me to reply within the model A forum. Please reply to me or post the proper procedures so I c communicated with other model members. Etc. Thanks John Sullivan!! You attention is greatly appreciated.
lgndlt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 01:32 PM   #74
wagoon

Thanks
wagoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 12:59 PM   #75
[email protected]

there's a list?
comob459@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 08:18 PM   #76
Phil Gillespie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
You have full admissions man. Your account is ready to go. Shoot me an email if you are having issues.
Hi Ryan,
Some post which obviously have pictures attached I am unable to see them or only partially see some pictures.
Wondering what will be causing this problem.
Thanks Phil Gillespie
Phil Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 09:35 PM   #77
Jacobs1946

Thank you!
Jacobs1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 10:45 AM   #78
Bertha

Remember...

"Opinions" are only facts to those who have them." RLC

"if life is just a highway…
then my soul is just a car"
Meatloaf
Old 10-18-2023, 03:20 PM   #79
jplutz

I am having a problem by getting bounced off this site whenever I go back a page, or sometimes when I post a comment. Then, I lose the comment because it says I'm not logged in. JPL
jplutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 07:05 AM   #80
glennpm

Hi Ryan,

Would it be possible to have a "tech resources" or other option to post the two pdf compilations that I made?

"Holy Techno Source, Glenn-MAN! You've gone and done it now * * KA-POW!

Now, if only someone could talk Ryan into issuing a STICKY up top with a dedicated link to EACH of these extremely valuable tech sources, available to everyone and within easy reach, FOREVER!

Coopman"

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showp...35&postcount=5

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=19
glennpm is offline   Reply With Quote