Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
deuce295

Default Oshkosh

Could someone help me with a little information about the Oshkosh gathering. I live and work just a few minutes north of Oshkosh and was planning to take a couple days off work to go out and enjoy all the wonderful cars. Since I am not a member of MARC, is this an event I can even get into and see everything thats going on? Appreciate any info. I hope everyone has a fantastic time.

Jim
deuce295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
Tom Wesenberg

Default Re: Oshkosh

You should be able to see all or most of the cars in the hotel parking lots, and talk to the owners. Do a Google search for MARC events for 2012 and find the hotels for this event. Non registered people won't be able to attend the classes or some of the other events, but there will be lots of A's to photograph and note details.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
deuce295

Thanks Tom
Old 06-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
Super88

deuce295, this is the answer I got when I e-mailed MARC with the same question.
Mike,

The short answer is no all the activities are intended for members.

However, since you have a Model A you may want to join, that way you can go to some of the seminars, and participate in the activities. Also there are several MARC regions in Wisconsin, may be there is one fairly close to your location. If you are considering restoring or fixing up your A now is a good time to join as most Model Aers are very willing to help new members. You do not have to have a Model A or bring a Model A to attend the National meets. Typically about 15-20% of the attendees do not bring an 'A' to the meet. There is always a bulletin board where members are looking for rides for Thursdays Grand Tour can put their name. After going to over 30 of these meets I have never heard of anyone looking for a ride not getting one. I have 2 drivable As but have gone to several meets and did not take either.

All that being said, even if you do not join there is nothing to stop you from coming over for a day and walking around the parking lot to see what is there and talking to some of the owners. I would expect between 500-600 registrations with between 400-500 Model As and AAs. Keep in mind, during the day about 9:00 to 3:00 most of the As will be out driving on some self guided tours so you may only find 100 or so in the parking lot. The best time to view most of the vehicles would be in the evening. Also if you are not a member and not registered do not expect to attend any seminars or activities.

Frank Pollack
2009 MARC President
Super88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:05 AM   #5
deuce295

Thank you Frank. Appreciate all the information.

Jim