Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Late V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Default 56 headers

Does anyone know if someone makes headers that will fit a 351 in a 1956 fairlane?

<table><tr><td><font face="arial">

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #2

Default Re: 56 headers

Pike.....I have the same dilemma...except I'm fitting a 351 into a 54 frame..I'm going to try the shorty headers made for an early (euuhh...I hate to say it)Mustang...I beleive there is plenty of room and they should fit...I'll be installing the motor come Nov and let you know...unless of course you do it before me, then you can let me know....or maybe somebody out there knows for sure...

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #3

I have a 51 with a 427 inch winsdor based engine. I tried several sets of headers nothing worked. I used a set of cast header type manifolds off of a 271 horsepower 289 from a 65 mustang GT. Still had to grind the left one quite a bit. Port the engine side to match the gasket. They work fine.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #4

I would think that 351W (Ihope that's what you meant) from a Mustang would fit. My 52 Shoebox with 429 used stock manifolds. Went through several to find one that cleared. Only had to grind about 1/4 inch off the flange. Oil filter was a different situation.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #5

Thanks for the responces.The shorty mustang headers that I tried did not sweep up enough to clear suspension parts.It is a windsor and I am still looking for something in tube headers that will fit?