Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-16-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
jfcrash

Default 1935 Brake Re-Assembly questions REPOSTED

Sorry, I had to repost this as I was unable to edit…

I am just starting to ‘think about’ the task ahead of reassembling my restored mechanical brake system:

Relined woven brake shoes, new rollers, new roller pins, new brake rods and new clevis pins, rebushed brake pedal assembly and brake controller assembly, a new ‘long’ spring, and new brake shoe adjusting links to work with a new Flathead Ted’s equalizer kit 48-2051-TQ purchased from Mac's (which has some confusing instructions).

1) Do I lubricate the brake shoe rollers and pins?? , the brake operating wedges? , what else and with what type of lubrication?
2) I have seen a Model A write-up on adjusting brakes which indicates adjusting the rear wheels to lock, but not the front…..does this hold true for our EV8’s ??
3) Has anyone installed these Flathead Ted’s equalizers?? It seems we are to leave the upper brake retracting spring off and just use the one at the bottom of the shoes?? Any experience with this?

If you have any additional words of wisdom, I would greatly appreciate them as I am about to get on with it………Thank you

I couldn't repair the brakes, so I adjusted the horn louder....
jfcrash is offline   Reply With Quote