Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-25-2020, 08:47 AM   #1
Joe K

Default Epping (NH) Swap Meet Sept 27

Seems like it is still on.

August got cancelled seemingly due to "condition of the field." I didn't hear the 5 am cancellation that day, went, and found the day sunny and the field dry. I didn't stick around as the word was passed "mouth to mouth" onsite about the cancel.

Status shows ON at https://www.facebook.com/events/2216..._history%22%3A

Joe K
Old 09-25-2020, 12:15 PM   #2
dpson

Default Re: Epping (NH) Swap Meet Sept 27

I'm planning on going, so hopefully it doesn't get cancelled. The weather looks okay.
dpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 06:38 PM   #3
Joe K

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpson View Post
I'm planning on going, so hopefully it doesn't get cancelled. The weather looks okay.
Hard to imagine an issue with the field - unless it has dried up and blown away.

It has not really rained for a month...

Joe K
Old 09-27-2020, 08:54 AM   #4
Joe K

Show IS on until noonish - or a bit beyond if the market supports it.

Newly returned. Got there at 7:15 am to parking lot half full. Masks ARE required sign at the entrance. Inside "masks are required when social distance cannot be maintained." So they're flexible. Left at 9:30a and by then parking is just about full.

About half of the attendees and 3/4 of the sellers had masks. (I wore mine but I'm 65 yo, a heart attack survivor, with occasional asthma.) I commented favorably to the man with the floral print Hawaiian shirt - and mask that matched. His wife must have had fun with that one?

The seller lower area was about 80 percent full. A little sparse on the west side of that field, but I've seen that before. The upper field empty and sellers about a third of the way up the road to upper on both sides. I.e. Plenty of sellers.

Facetious comment from one seller "I wasn't sure if they were going to do the Flea Market - we had a heavy dew overnight."

Shop Equipment about 20 percent of items displayed. "Auto Ephemera" about 20 percent. Late Model Cars about 20 percent, and the remaining 40 percent split evenly between 50s and before cars, Model A, Model T, and household paraphenalia. A surprising amount of Model T stuff including a brass era T for sale on a trailer.

I did NOT find the Model B distributor of my desire - maybe October?

I chatted briefly with a man selling a 70s era Corvette StingRay and heard again the source of my brothers consternation with the Muncie Tranny of those vehicles. It is AMAZING the knowledge base that populates. I didn't say much to anyone (Mask) but its interesting to catch the snatches of conversation otherwise - at least half the fun of going.

Joe K

Last edited by Joe K; 09-27-2020 at 09:09 AM.
Joe K is offline   Reply With Quote