Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-18-2018, 10:34 AM   #1
reggiedog

Question Atlanta Ford Plant

HI: March 29,1915 to June 22,1942

Does anyone know when the Atlanta Ford Plant started for the first time, NOT the one in 1928 I need the first one and I also need when that Ford plant closed for good.

And I also need what that Plant all did in that plant like painting of small parts or putting engines together, or the making of fenders rear or front I need to know what they all did in that Plant no matter what it was I need to know it.

If they made small parts in there I need to know it and what kind of small parts were made there, as some of these Assembly Plants back then made some of their own stuff.

Like what I have already said.

Thanks Let me Know
reggiedog

Last edited by reggiedog; 06-20-2018 at 01:03 PM.
reggiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:46 PM   #2
Gary WA

Default Re: Atlanta Ford Plant

All the above?
Old 06-18-2018, 08:36 PM   #3
Steve Plucker
BANNED

All I have is what is in my book and NOTHING else!

Pluck
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:56 PM   #4
henry's 31

As far as I know there were 2 plants in Atlanta:
The first one started March 29, 2015 and closed June 22, 1942 at Ponce de Leon Avenue.

The second opened in 1947 and closed in 2006 in Hapeville.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:23 PM   #5
henry's 31

Should be March 29, 1915! not 2015!
Sorry for the typo.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:28 AM   #6
BILL WILLIAMSON

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I "thought" ATLANTA only made Coca-Cola & Peach Pies????
Bill Ignorant
Old 06-20-2018, 12:37 PM   #7
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiedog View Post
March 29,1915 to ?????????
See post 4 above.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:40 AM   #8
reggiedog

Question Milwaukee Ford Plant

HI:

Does anyone know when a picture was taken of a Rear Fender being made in the Milwaukee Plant. I know it was between September 1920 and February 1,1929 so it's somewhere between those nine years and I think I found them in the Sentinel newspaper.

I've been looking for that picture ever since the papers went offline and then came back online as I had that picture saved on my computer but since the papers went offline so did my saved copies of all of the papers that I had saved on my computer.

So what I'm looking for is the date of the picture of that so I can look it up again I can tell you this it's on the bottom of the page, and it's a dark picture and it's about a 2" X 3" or a 3" X 4" picture something like that and it's kind of centered in the bottom of the page.

And somewhere in there there should be a ad in the gimbels ad of the first Model "T" coming out of the Milwaukee Plant I had that one also and that should be around the same time frame.

And that was centered in the center of the ad doesn't show the Model "T" it just says when it will be there in the store as it was going to be in the center isle of the store now I'm not sure but I think the ad was a half page ad.

Now I hope I can get some extra help with this stuff cause I have been looking for this stuff for over 6 months now and it would be nice to find the stuff so I can go on to other things.

reggiedog

Last edited by reggiedog; 06-21-2018 at 02:45 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:01 AM   #9
jimalabam

Atlanta (Ponci) an Assembly Plant with parts shipped from Highland Part Mfg & Assy and the Rouge. Atlanta (Hapeville) Assembly much the same from parts mfg at other Ford locations. At Hapeville - there were some minor exceptions such as the painting of small parts and parts received from outside vendors... See Henry 31 above for dates...

atkant
jimalabam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:29 PM   #10
Marvin/TN

Send a message via AIM to Marvin/TN

Most don't know this but Atlanta was not the first bottler of Coca Cola. First commercial bottler of Coke was in Chattanooga, TN.
Marvin/TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:51 PM   #11
TerryO

The first bottler of Coke was in Vicksburg Mississippi in 1894 (an independent store owner) then in 1899 2 Chattanooga lawyers paid one dollar for the bottling rights for Coke.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 04:02 PM   #12
reggiedog

That's nice to know I never knew that !!!!!! But I still need to know about the Atlanta Ford Auto Plant and what they all did in there as I said before. I need to know if they Painted Small part's in there and or put engines together or made Rear Or Front Fenders there.

As I know that they painted their own Cars and Trucks in that Plant as most of the Assembly plants back then did paint their own Cars and Trucks but I need to know what else they did in there and I need the proof of that also.

Last edited by reggiedog; 06-23-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-23-2018, 10:19 PM   #13
henry's 31

But did you know the Coca Cola formula was invented in Columbus, Georgia by Dr. Pemberton. Even History Channel has it wrong and says it was invented in Atlanta.
Old 06-24-2018, 06:58 AM   #14
reggiedog

HI:

Now that I know that the Atlanta (Ponci) Plant had part's shipped to them from the Highland Park Plant and the Rouge Plant, and I'm sure that both of those plants made parts and both front and rear fenders there at both of those plants.

And most of the assembly plants had part's sent to them from those two plants no matter what they were and Ford, also had outside companies make parts for Ford as they still do today.

But still today some of these Assembly Plants around the Country,still have outside help parts shipped to them with Ford also shipping parts to those Assembly Plants around the country.

But as it were back in the day and even today some of these Assembly Plants, not all of them but some of these Plants were painting or making or putting small parts together. And some were putting Engines together.

And some were making some Rear and or Front Fenders at there Assembly Plant around the country, and then shipping them out to other Assembly Plants around the Country.
But now is the question is did the (Ponci Plant) at Atlanta.

Also make one or all of theses Parts and ship them out to the other Assembly Plants, or did they just do some of the painting on small parts and none of the rest of the stuff, Or did they do all of the stuff and maybe more stuff then even I or you even know about.

But I will also need the documentation or proof on it, so I know that it is a true statement. As that's why I need to know what and why they all made and that is why this is so important to find out this stuff out on the Atlanta Plant.

As I'm doing some in depth studies on the Atlanta Plant, and the Iowa Plant, and the Milwaukee Plant, reason being is that they all opened at about the same time as the Milwaukee Plant did.

And that's why I need to know as to when the Atlanta Plant Opened for the first time and Closed for good, And I will have to know the Iowa Plant Opened and Closed also and what they all did in those two plants.

Reggiedog

Last edited by reggiedog; 06-24-2018 at 07:56 AM.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:53 AM   #15
reggiedog

Question Re: Atlanta Ford Plant

HI:

I also need to know when the Iowa Ford Plant Opened for the the first time NOT the one in 1928 as I can get that out of Steve Pluckers Book, And I need to know the Closing for good date as I can't get that out of Steve's Book.

All he has is the closing in 1932 I need the Closing for good date, that date would be around June or July of 1941 or June or July of 1942 as it was sold to the Government just like the Atlanta Plant and the Milwaukee Plant's were.

All three of these Plants were sold to the Government about the same time of the year for the war effort, and they all opened for the first time at about the same time some time in 1915 or 1916 I don't know the full date's.

And did the Atlanta and Iowa Ford Plants Close for the the Government in like 1917 or 1918 to become a Hospital or for some other Government use I would need the dates of that also.

Thanks reggidog
Old 06-24-2018, 09:40 AM   #16
reggiedog

Does anyone have a newspaper article of the First Atlanta Plant Opening and the Closing of that Plant and a newspaper article on the Iowa Plant First Opening and Closing

Last edited by reggiedog; 06-24-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 06:21 PM   #17
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Looks more and more like a road trip for you Reggiedog!

Might want to contact the Atlanta Newspapers for your answer!

Pluck
Old 06-24-2018, 09:27 PM   #18
reggiedog

Steve,

I got that answer already as I know when that Plant opened for the first time and closed for good but that's just the Atlanta Plant, As I also need the Iowa Plant also but I know people in model A groups down there if I have to use them.

Plus we will be going to Atlanta sometime next summer and Iowa is a easy one as I know people that live there that can get me the info if need be but I just thought that the people on the barn would have that info already.

But every time I put something down it always comes back about the Coca Cola Company it's like no one wants to answer my questions but I have is and now all I need is the Iowa Plant and what those two Plants did in there as I explained in the post's.

As for you you probably already know that back in those days allot of those plants did some of their own work or just did it for themself, and some also sold it to other Ford plants around the country or didn't you know that one as I found that one out about 6 or 7 months ago.

Or maybe it was a year or two ago back when I found out what the Milwaukee Plant did in there as I know what they did in there as they hired allot of people to do those extra jobs in there but that will all be in my book as I have most of the week to week stuff on that plant.

reggidog

Last edited by reggiedog; 06-25-2018 at 02:24 AM.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:44 AM   #19
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiedog View Post
Steve,

I got that answer already as I know when that Plant opened for the first time and closed for good but that's just the Atlanta Plant, As I also need the Iowa Plant also but I know people in model A groups down there if I have to use them.

Plus we will be going to Atlanta sometime next summer and Iowa is a easy one as I know people that live there that can get me the info if need be but I just thought that the people on the barn would have that info already.

But every time I put something down it always comes back about the Coca Cola Company it's like no one wants to answer my questions but I have is and now all I need is the Iowa Plant and what those two Plants did in there as I explained in the post's.

As for you you probably already know that back in those days allot of those plants did some of their own work or just did it for themself, and some also sold it to other Ford plants around the country or didn't you know that one as I found that one out about 6 or 7 months ago.

Or maybe it was a year or two ago back when I found out what the Milwaukee Plant did in there as I know what they did in there as they hired allot of people to do those extra jobs in there but that will all be in my book as I have most of the week to week stuff on that plant.

reggidog
They do not answer your questions because they do not know themselves...it is that simple.

Pluck
Old 06-25-2018, 11:18 AM   #20
40 Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry's 31 View Post
But did you know the Coca Cola formula was invented in Columbus, Georgia by Dr. Pemberton. Even History Channel has it wrong and says it was invented in Atlanta.
The History Channel is wrong on a lot of things! Should be called the Fairytale Channel!
40 Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote