Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-07-2019, 08:41 PM   #21
Keith True

Default Re: Prices Up ?

I think he thought he was going to get a rise out of me.I probably took his fun away when he found that I hoped the guy that bought my car made something on it.I do know people that get very upset if they find out somebody else profits on something they sold.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:46 AM   #22
Jeff/Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith True View Post
.The man that called me did try to buy it from me a couple of years ago,but he offered thousands less than I wanted.I think I ticked him off a little when he said,you've had this for sale for a month and still have it.I said if I haven't sold it in a few more years I will think about dropping the price..
Ah-HA now I see it! The guy was sour grapes because you wouldn't let him low ball you on the car and give him the chance to 'flip' it and make a quick buck.

Had he done that this same fool would no doubt have called you to gloat about how much he made on your car.

Gawd I hate these flippers and all of that nonsense. They are a pet peeve with me What the Model A community needs, perhaps, is a dumbed-down TV 'reality' show with some hot headed 'restorer-flipper' yelling at his help, throwing tools and parts around,swearing at the shop guys about upcoming deadlines that have to be met, and dancing around and throwing punches at the TV camera. Oh wait the Mopar guys already have that covered
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:16 AM   #23
WHN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
Ah-HA now I see it! The guy was sour grapes because you wouldn't let him low ball you on the car and give him the chance to 'flip' it and make a quick buck.

Had he done that this same fool would no doubt have called you to gloat about how much he made on your car.

Gawd I hate these flippers and all of that nonsense. They are a pet peeve with me What the Model A community needs, perhaps, is a dumbed-down TV 'reality' show with some hot headed 'restorer-flipper' yelling at his help, throwing tools and parts around,swearing at the shop guys about upcoming deadlines that have to be met, and dancing around and throwing punches at the TV camera. Oh wait the Mopar guys already have that covered
I can’t watch that show. I would rather just sit in the dark.
WHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:47 AM   #24
Keith True

It sounds like I'm not missing much without cable.I hear lots of stories about shows where people buy cars,machinery,motorcycles,antiques,etc.The most common thing I hear when people come here to buy stuff is,pickers would like this.A couple of years ago a man thought I was in a TV show,I think he called it downeast dick.He looked at my stuff and thought I was a guy in the show.I had never heard of the show.This morning I had a guy show up for a pair of new 28-29 running boards.They are advertised for $150.He looked them over,and said,give ya $20.At that point the price became engraved in stone.He got mad because I made him drive 50 miles for nothing.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 10:10 AM   #25
eagle

There are two kinds of people who answer want ads, 1 I want what you have and I'm willing to pay at least close to what you're asking. 2 I want what you have, and I;m going to be mad if you don't give it to me for nothing. I enjoy selling/buying, its kind of a game but there are rules, and the seller gets to set them. A sale is an AGREEMENT between to people to trade two items, in most cases cash for goods.
Old 06-08-2019, 12:39 PM   #26
figment

Remember Keith , if your buyer listed the car on Ebay there was at least 2 interested bidders so once listed he doesn't have much control on the final price . The other way he might have listed could have been a buy it now at a higher price than he paid you . Norm
figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:59 PM   #27
Jeff/Illinois

figment I wouldn't sell any old car on E-Bay w/o a reserve price. Otherwise you are taking a terrible risk. Set your reserve shy of what the car is worth and it will sell. If not, so be it and move on. You can't list a '29 Tudor and have a reserve price of $100K or a 'Buy It Now' price of something similar and expect to sell the car. Unless the guy bidding is high on Meth then you might get lucky!

You can control the price by doing that. You can save yourself from taking a really bad 'hit'.

Just because two people bid doesn't mean you have to sell the car.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote