Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2018, 12:59 PM   #1
Steve_KS

Default Uhaul Auto Transport & Tudor

Hello

I’ve been reading old posts about trailering lately and learned a lot but still have some specific questions for anyone that’s used an Uhaul Auto Transport (4 wheels off the ground). I’m trailering a quite nice ’30 Tudor, 500 miles, with the uhaul and a newer 4 door F150.

- Does anyone know if the tire nets on the trailer will work with 19” wheels?
- I don’t see a lot of places on the auto transport hook straps to if not using the tire nets. Has anyone used axle straps with a uhaul and if so what did you tie them to on the trailer?
- Is there an axle strap design that works better than the others with an A or the uhaul?
- I was thinking about getting some plastic cling wrap like they wrap pallets with to put in one door over the vinyl top and in the other door. I’ve heard trailering can damage vinyl tops especially when you go past a semi on a 2 lane road.
- Would putting this plastic wrap over the grill, fender fronts, windshield… help with small debris kicked up by the tow vehicle, I’m thinking sand or bugs.
- Should I buy one of those hitch mounted mud flaps that goes across the whole back? Anyone know if they can be rented somewhere? Will the pickup really kick up much debris high enough to get to the car on the trailer?
- For padding axle straps to save the paint is 1 thin rag ok or will it promote slipping?

Sorry for all the questions I’ve never done this before and I want it to go smoothly as possible.

Thanks
Steve_KS is offline   Reply With Quote