Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-T

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-25-2016, 11:31 PM   #1
toysanyone

Default Wanted-26-27 Roadster Left Front Body Sub Frame or Sub Rail

City: Idaho Falls
State: Idaho
Price: Wanted

Wanted - My friend in Idaho Falls Idaho is looking for the front half of a sub-frame side rail or sub-rail from the driver's side of a 1926 or 1926 roadster body. Perhaps you have a crushed body or one that is very rusty on the right or passenger's side that you could use to sell him what he is looking for.

He tells me that the roadster pickup body has a different sub-frame side rail and rear cross member that do not have the 1/2" or so tall by about 3/4" wide step on the inner upper corner.

Since the touring car body uses the same cowl, front doors and door sill plates as the roadster, the front half of the sub-frame side rail from a touring car body might work but I am not sure about that.

I also am aware that Ford used 2 somewhat different roadster and touring car bodies in 1926 1927. The earlier cars had bright zinc door sill plates while the later bodies had steel door sill plates.

Some of the earlier doors had inner panels with larger holes in them that the later doors had. Neither the doors nor the hinges interchange between these slightly different bodies.

There are also some differences in the front door pillars on these 2 different bodies. Please contact my friend Mike Husted - phone 208-520-4892 in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Thanks a million, Bob Woodburn - phone 406-799-1847 in Bozeman Montana
toysanyone is offline   Reply With Quote