Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-18-2016, 10:51 PM   #21
Gary WA

Default Re: restoring a old roadster back to stock. Seattle

Lot of long time Model A Clubs in the Seattle and surrounding areas. Lot of parts available. Check with local clubs,they do have lots of stuff!! And sure they would be glad to help out. Good Luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coupeville_market_2013_003.jpg (120.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-19-2016, 12:40 AM   #22
montanafordman

Hey Matt, good luck with the project! I'm trying to do the same with my coupe. I need to patch the firewall, replace rear subrails, and patches all around. Hopefully my work schedule will improve some more and I can dedicate some real time learning to weld and do bodywork so I can do a decent job on what I have to do. I plan to lean on the local experts when needed also. I'm not looking for a fine point restoration on my project but I'm looking to produce something that faithfully follows the RG & JS whenever possible for the new restorers class within my beginner/amateur abilities. I'm sure there are some people in the Evergreen A's and the Gerties that will be willing to help lend advice / parts / whatever.

I talked to you on the phone once a few years ago when you were looking for a water neck I believe. Anyhow hope all is going well, and if you're ever in the Federal Way area you're welcome to drop in and see what I've got going on. Not much progress lately though as work is keeping me busy. Also don't forget the Gallopin Gerties are holding our annual swap meet at the Puyallup fairgrounds next month March 12-13th!
Old 02-19-2016, 12:44 AM   #23
Garychinook

Thumbs up Re: restoring a old roadster back to stock. Seattle

Good Luck Mr. Hitchhiker. I am in western wawa and am currently rerestoring a 31 rstr. Meaning: Someone said they restored it and then I bought it sight unseen(the only time in my life, A MISTAKE) and now I am undoing there version of restoration and proceeding with my version. I'm being kind.
I've mostly been a lurker and my intention is to start posting the saga so that folks like you can benefit. Stay tuned it will be riveting HA!
My unsolicited advice would be...HAVE FUN! Enjoy yourself, however you define that.
Gary
Garychinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:00 PM   #24
Hitchhiker

I have looked at a few crappy frames over the last couple weeks. Haven't seen anything I can't live without.

Bought a brookville sub floor and I am looking for a good original firewall, drivers door, and a drivers quarter panel with good upper portion. bottom and back can be rough. I just need it to be good around the belt line behind the door.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:11 PM   #25
Mikeinnj

Lots of Luck !
Mikeinnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:09 PM   #26
Tinbasher

Just take one step at a time and work away at the body. Start with the body sub-frame and work your way up one panel at a time. See if you can get a bare frame that's straight and use it to build the body on. This will act as a jig to keep everything aligned. Once the sub-frame is back together work on the Cowl, then the doors then the 1/4's and upper and lower body panels. Check everything for square and then fit up the trunk lid and there's a body. Have fun. John Poole
Tinbasher is offline   Reply With Quote