Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-21-2018, 07:37 PM   #1
msmaron

Send a message via AIM to msmaron
Default NEW MARC 2019 National Meet Hotel Information

Please note: Based on what has transpired at the Edward Hotel regarding the closing, due to renovations and numerous violations & the fact that it has been stated by city officials that the Hotel is "Unfit for Human Occupancy", as well the hotel has told us "To Find A New Venue".

With this information and no guarantee of opening or the future of the hotel, as well as issues with ownership, the MARC National Meet Hosts have made the decision to move our Host Hotel and go forward. Please cancel your current reservation at the Edward. We are very excited about these changes, and changes for the better of the meet.

Thank you ALL for your patience and support & feel free to email me.
Mark Maron, 2019 National Meet Chairman

Our Host Hotel For the Meet Hilton DoubleTree
$121.00* Per night, CODE: MAR 313-336-3340

In addition we are offering the following hotels for the 2019 National Meet:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dearborn-HotelsWEB.jpg (61.5 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg DT_circularseating_4_677x380_FitToBoxSmallDimension_Center.jpg (40.7 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg DT_hotelext_677x380_FitToBoxSmallDimension_Center.jpg (40.8 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg mapWEB.jpg (54.5 KB, 60 views)
National Facebook Admin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARC.group/

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
29-Original Special Coupe
msmaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 12:47 PM   #2
msmaron

Default Re: NEW MARC 2019 National Meet Hotel Information

UPDATE:
1. The Edward is CLOSED. Door locked Closed. Hence they will not answer phones on the weekend and after hours. We have had 100's of people cancel their reservations with no problems at all during business hours. PLEASE be patient.
2. The HOST IS SOLD OUT, there will be NO more rooms released.
3. Trailer parking as at every meet will be announced as to where, it will be safe guarded area. PLEASE Book your rooms at any of the other 7 hotels..
Thank you all.
National Facebook Admin.

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
Old 12-22-2018, 03:30 PM   #3
Will N

So, notification of the new hotel comes out yesterday, and today it's sold out already? How many rooms did you block off? This is a real mess.
Will N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 03:37 PM   #4
msmaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will N View Post
So, notification of the new hotel comes out yesterday, and today it's sold out already? How many rooms did you block off? This is a real mess.
YUP sold out that fast, How great is that, and as far as a mess, You might also want to know that the CITY Closed the Edward and we took control to make thing better and did it in a WEEEK!!! 8 Hotels ready to go.. A MESS yes with the Edward, We are very happy with everything and so is the membership that has been booking non stop since yesterday...

Sorry you feel its a mess, don't see where you getting that from, It will be better than we thought it could be now....Nothing like selling out 2 hotels in about 3 hours time.. Thanks for the confidence, and we did announce this in 4 other places before the BARN...You should always check the VFF first and Foremost for all notifications. See you in Dearborn!!!
National Facebook Admin.

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
Old 12-23-2018, 09:20 AM   #5
Will N

Well, I guess from your perspective as an organizer, the fact that the new host hotel and the first alternate sold out in less than a day is an encouraging signal that your meet will go on to be a success. I am happy for you for that- don't get me wrong. But from my perspective as an attendee, I was all set, booked in the host hotel, and I had the rug pulled out from under me. I like being in the host hotel at a meet because that's where the action is. I don't like to have to commute between an outlying alternate hotel to get to host each day. And I did get the notification directly from MARC via an email. I didn't rely on fordbarn. It came at 6:30 PM on Friday, and I didn't see it until Saturday. When I called the host hotel on Saturday morning, they were sold out already. I guess I should be more like these kids today and check my phone non-stop during the day!
Old 12-23-2018, 12:47 PM   #6
msmaron

Quote:
Well, I guess from your perspective as an organizer, the fact that the new host hotel and the first alternate sold out in less than a day is an encouraging signal that your meet will go on to be a success. I am happy for you for that- don't get me wrong. But from my perspective as an attendee, I was all set, booked in the host hotel, and I had the rug pulled out from under me. I like being in the host hotel at a meet because that's where the action is. I don't like to have to commute between an outlying alternate hotel to get to host each day. And I did get the notification directly from MARC via an email. I didn't rely on fordbarn. It came at 6:30 PM on Friday, and I didn't see it until Saturday. When I called the host hotel on Saturday morning, they were sold out already. I guess I should be more like these kids today and check my phone non-stop during the day!
Well lets see you had the
RUG PULLED OUT FROM YOU?" from you..REALLY????? Don't tell me about a mess please unless you have been in my shoes and you have not!!!! Hows this Sir...
I had a situation when the city, and county closed a hotel NOT ME!!! I then had my team work non stop to turn a disaster into a success., I had 3500 ROOM night and 432 reservations i had to deal with, not to mention a 40K commitment and over 20K in deposits to venues and the hotel, well guess what we provided 8 hotels to the membership to choose from, and yes they SOLD OUT and sold out fast. Because you did not see it until Saturday Im sorry, It was posted here, social media and the VFF as all my national information i posted for everyone to be aware of...So yes I am thrilled we sold out 2 hotels already. I look forward to seeing you at the meet but tell me again how YOU had the rug pulled out from under you?????
National Facebook Admin.

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
Old 12-23-2018, 01:41 PM   #7
Steve Plucker
BANNED

All right...please knock this bashing off please.

Mark, you have done a great job...keep it up...Wish I was able to get there this year.

Pluck

Last edited by Steve Plucker; 12-23-2018 at 04:30 PM.
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 02:04 PM   #8
gz

A big THANK YOU to MSMARON and everyone else that is responsible for making this event happen. Under the most ideal circumstances, a national meet is a HUGE undertaking.

When something as unforeseeable as a hotel closing its doors occurs, it makes the organizer's job about 1000 times more complicated-and stressful. I would not want to be in Mark's shoes.

It should also be noted that the Edward (formerly Hyatt Regency and other names) has hosted probably over 100 major car events during the last two decades. Virtually every national old car club from the AACA to the Zimmer club has successfully used this facility. No one expected this to happen. The fact that it happened before the MARC meet is truly unfortunate and completely unexpected.

I am really looking forward to seeing MARC return to Dearborn. It's been too long since the last Dearborn National in 2003. The city of Detroit and the surrounding areas have really changed since 2003. There are a lot of new things to see and do.

It's going to be a great meet, so jump on board and enjoy the ride.

Last edited by gz; 12-23-2018 at 05:56 PM.
gz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:11 PM   #9
Will N

Mark (and Steve), I'm not bashing anything. I understand that it was actually you Mark and your organizing team that has had the rug pulled out from under them! I appreciate the work and risk involved in organizing a meet like this, and you've done a fantastic job in implementing Plan B so close to the meet. To be able to find hotel space only 8 months in advance I'm sure was difficult when you normally book hotels 2+ years in advance of a large gathering like this.

All I'm pointing out is some consideration of how this change has impacted the attendees. Everyone's first choice is to be at the host hotel- that is a given-, and Mark, I'm sure you have a reservation there, right? Put yourself in my place for a second. Would you be happy commuting nearly 5 miles (between a hotel that offers nearly the same rate as the host hotel) to the meet a few times a day? Or spending nearly $500 more for the week to get as close as 3 1/2 miles away from he action?
Old 12-26-2018, 11:16 AM   #10
msmaron

Quote:
Mark (and Steve), I'm not bashing anything. I understand that it was actually you Mark and your organizing team that has had the rug pulled out from under them! I appreciate the work and risk involved in organizing a meet like this, and you've done a fantastic job in implementing Plan B so close to the meet. To be able to find hotel space only 8 months in advance I'm sure was difficult when you normally book hotels 2+ years in advance of a large gathering like this.

All I'm pointing out is some consideration of how this change has impacted the attendees. Everyone's first choice is to be at the host hotel- that is a given-, and Mark, I'm sure you have a reservation there, right? Put yourself in my place for a second. Would you be happy commuting nearly 5 miles (between a hotel that offers nearly the same rate as the host hotel) to the meet a few times a day? Or spending nearly $500 more for the week to get as close as 3 1/2 miles away from he action?
I do understand but...Been there done that,, It did not effect my attending the meet at all, Sorry.

Thanks for the note appreciate it but its not the journey to get there is the experience of being there!
Mark
National Facebook Admin.

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
Old 12-26-2018, 12:42 PM   #11
Cool Hand Lurker

[QUOTE=msmaron;1708262]..........

Thank you ALL for your patience and support & feel free to email me.
Mark Maron, 2019 National Meet Chairman

Thank You Mark.

'nuff said.
Cool Hand Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:53 PM   #12
msmaron

I have to post this because of the feedback I am getting personally
UPDATE 1/2/19
NO the National Hosts do NOT have the right to cancel any reservations for anyone., NO the National Hosts do not have the right to make reservations for anyone. There is a reason we have privacy laws. We have gotten the word out all over and very successfully been accommodating everyone with 8 hotels. This is nothing new that there are multiple hotels for a National. We are doing the best we can for everyone..STOP!!! the negativity on what happened IF you need to cancel your room you and can also email Sherrie L. Daniels | Director, Sales & Catering
600 Town Center Dr.
Dearborn, MI 48126 USA
P: 313.592.3622 EXT: 6763
F: 313.982.6799
Email: [email protected]
EdwardHotelDearborn
National Facebook Admin.

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan