Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
ctaulbert

Default 7.00-18 Firestone Deluxe Champion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I originally posted this on the HAMB, but thought maybe some of the Barners might be interested in this tire. This could be a good choice for your '32, or your 18" wide-five wheels.

For many who have been looking for the 7.00-18 Firestone Champion Deluxe, we know that the tread pattern was switched from the ‘40/50s pattern to the ‘30s Balloon pattern a while ago.

I contacted Coker Tire a while back, and worked with them to understand what would be needed to make the “old” tread pattern again. Fortunately, Coker determined they could do a limited production run. In order to kick off the production, Coker needs at least 84 tires preordered – which are $195 each. Once the minimum preorder has been met, it will take approximately 6-10 weeks for production. And another important note – Coker mentioned that this would most likely be a once every 5 year production run……so it may be a good idea to get an extra or two for those of us who log the miles.

If any of you are interested in the preorder, send ME a PM or email. I’ll get you the proper contact information for the preorder. But to summarize it – when you place your preorder, Coker will run a pre-authorization on your credit card (to make sure it has sufficient funds for the total). The actual charge will not take place until the tires ship though.

As of last week, we have about 1/2 of the preorders filled.

Here are a couple shots of the tires:

Hot Rods by Dean built ’33 3W

Photo courtesy of Danny Burroughs