Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-17-2019, 05:52 PM   #1
drgoetz

Default 1929 1-1/2 ton truck

City: Lexington
State: Kentucky
Price: 1500

1929 Ford 11/2 Ton Worm Drive Truck
Honey!! Look What Followed Me Home!! - I am driving in rural Kentucky and what to my surprise… a barn door was open. Inside was this 1929 1 ½ ton truck (MARC Judging Standards (JS), Revision 5, pg. E-30.) It appears to be a grain truck (JS, pg. E-67) long running boards with fenders but no bed. Stacked inside one of the stalls were the fenders, front and rear with rear fender braces for this truck AND the spare tire carrier. In another stall was another truck body but disassembled; a pickup. These parts included a lower cowl, upper cowl & gas tank, the two doors, back of the cab, and a pickup bed. I kept looking at the ton and a half: “diamond” replacement block (Ser. No. 2,809,XXX, Jan ‘1930), distributor, decent radiator and grill, generator, and a seven-tooth steering gear. The frame of this truck has no visible rust pitting. What saved this “ole girl” was she was stored inside. There is some body rust-out in the usual places but nothing that can’t be fixed. All the wood is shot.
The guy told me his grandson was never going to finish this project. Final price was $1500 PLUS I had to clean out the stalls and take ALL the sheet metal !!
I am offering this truck “for sale” for what I paid for it… $1500. I have an extra engine (my spare) @ $250, and a 1929 two tooth steering gear @ $200--- total package @ $1900.
This truck would be a great school or Model A “youth project.”
(859)312-3145
[email protected] for pictures

drgoetz is offline   Reply With Quote