Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-05-2019, 02:41 PM   #1
Phil Gillespie

Default Trash Can Condeners Tubman

I have just recieved 2 condensers from Tubman for my 39 coupe.
It will now have a bullet proof condenser to go with a Skip coil and 3rd Generation distributor.No more problems here!!!

Tubman really looked after me with a great product and a very very good deal with shipping. I really appreciate this great service with the goodwill.
Us "Down Under" guys really do appreciate these kind acts. Delivery was prompt and as quoted. Keep up the good work.
Phil NZ
Phil Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 05:12 PM   #2
adileo

Default Re: Trash Can Condeners Tubman

I haven’t purchased anything from him yet. However I know, he also has a workable solution for 6 volt tacs for early Fords, with helmet coil. We exchanged multiple pm’s and was always very informative and impressed me as a stand-up guy.

If I can ever find a period correct looking Tac for my 39, he will be 1st I reach out to.

Andy
1952 F1
adileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 05:21 PM   #3
supereal

If you can find a Sun tach with the sender included, that is a good set up. I see them now and then at swap meets, but many, if not most, don't have the sender box with them. You can try Bob Masters at 800/385-5811. He repairs most makes, and has lots of accessories. We have two Sun machines in our shop, and he has fixed them both. We obtained an early Ford distributor adapter years ago when they were hard to find.
supereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 05:36 PM   #4
flatheadmurre

I´ve been running Tubmans capacitors for a couple of years now...works good and looks good !
All the Sun and SW tach driver boxes had mercury batteries in them...even if you find a new unused one they had the batteries in them when bought new...and are most of the time corroded to pieces inside...
flatheadmurre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 05:41 PM   #5
tubman

Thanks for the kind words Phil; I hope this solves your problem.

As to the tachometers, I still offer the driver units that allow any 12 Volt negative ground "motor" type tachometer to be used on a 6 volt positive ground car. We have had them in the field now for several years with no problems. We have worked with Sun tachometers a bit as well. Yes, you can find find them at swap meets, but they are all either 12 volt, broken, or expensive. We did one where we put the guts of our regular driver in the Sun control box and changed the output to drive the Sun head (which is a "meter" type of tach). It worked fine. If anyone has a broken Sun unit (even 12 volts) they want converted to operate on 6 volts positive ground, PM me.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote