Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-19-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
40fordpu

Default Services/Parts List/Thread

Hey guys. Thanks for such a great website. I check it daily. So I have a suggestion. I value this site as a champion for the small guy. The do it yourself-er. That said, we do need help sometimes. While the web is great, it is incomplete. That help can come from your site. I would love to just go to one place and get ALL my information.

What if you created a place where guys that have service like rebuilding shocks or making adapter plates could be RECOGNIZED by ford barners, not themselves as in promotions by companies. For example, there could be a list by state, indiv. name or company, services/parts they perform etc. That list would also have a place you could, lets say happy(good) and sad(bad) face them as a "rating". Then create a place where you could post threads attached to that list where if you have a problem with that product, company, individual service etc, individuals can go to get an idea who's out there doing what and stuff. Still have your big shot companies advertise.

This is in part due to the crap we have to see with bob drake and co. I have never bought from him but I value a company that sticks up for itself in the fashion he did, just not in the same forum that I want to read about solutions to REAL problems.

This also comes from an example that I met a ford barner online here and he led me onto Roy at FORD Script.com for parts. What a guy, what a product. I went three years without him. I feel like an idiot. But he is a small company. HE ANSWERED THE PHONE WHEN I CALLED. Thats awesome and that needs to be promoted here. The bigger he gets, then he owes the site here and can advertise.

Just a suggestion. Hope you consider it.
40fordpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
DapottSci

Default Services/Parts List/Thread

You posted about some late model Z28 wheels and it got deleted. WTF does that have to do with traditional hot rods? Your motivaion is selling parts.....wrong site for that> _________________________________________________ I like it!
DapottSci is offline   Reply With Quote