Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-27-2019, 11:59 AM   #21
KULTULZ

Unhappy Re: The GREAT Ms. American 3.14159 Daily Driver Diary Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
JC,

Don't let me hear of inattention or abuse.
... damn, I want that car ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCAllison View Post

Hey Mr. K,

She is treated as well as I know how to treat her.

Don't know what to tell you.

JC

... ...

CLICK ON - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc_oLZuFwaI

Did you take her to DAIRY QUEEN last nite and she got you a double-size TEXAS ONION RINGS?

Hope you feel better JC.

- DISCLAIMER -

The above posted information is in my opinion only (IMO) and may contain copy and paste material(s).

In addition, any above tech information is supplied in good faith. No responsibility implied or otherwise can be accepted for the way others use or interpret provided data.

Your experience(s), opinion(s) and mileage may vary.

DIAGNOSED CDO - (OCD In Correct Alphabetical Order)
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 02:16 PM   #22
JCAllison

Default Re: The GREAT Ms. American 3.14159 Daily Driver Diary Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40cpe View Post
Maybe it is just a bug.
Hey Mr. 40C,
Normally this would just be taken in stride, but there is a mitigating circumstance.

Back in 1998, it was discovered that I had a rare autoimmune Liver disease, the therapy for which is Corticosteroids, which through a quite complex physical rigmarole suppresses the Immune System to keep it it from attacking the Liver.

BUT, a suppressed Immune System is ALSO unable to defend against OTHER invasions such as the "bugs".

As a result, have for the past twenty years lived a quite cloistered (it's called a "bubble") life, seldom getting out, having no visitors, and no physical contact with ANYONE other than medical personnel.

The foray to the Post Office, and Grocery Store, yesterday, and subsequent conversations with the people wanting to know about Ms. American was quite a cavalier event. I should have been more careful. I usually am, and it has become ordinary for me to notice if someone has the sniffles, cough, and etc. No one yesterday appeared to have any maladies, but one never knows.

But I don't think I came into contact with a BUG. This was more like food poisoning. There's a subtle, but discernible difference.

Fortunately, as the day has progressed the HIGH Temperature (it got up to 101.8) has gone down to 99.4. So I think I'm going to be all right.

The instructions from the MDieties (that's what I call the doctors) are: If the temperature gets to 103, head for the Emergency room.

The other thing is to just go onto cold water. Because of having nothing to eat since yesterday, am feeling kind of puny. Just going up the stairs takes a major effort.
Quote:
Hope you feel better soon.
Am already on the rebound, thank you.

But this "speed bump" has put a kink in the roll that I was on for the past three weeks. It's going to take a few more days to get the Energy&Focus back. Fortunately, was able to dodge the bullet yet again. Will just have to wait, and see how things go.

Am going to put me back on the bed with another gallon of cold water.

Hope YOU are doing well.

JC
Ms. American 3.14159,1964 Ford Galaxie 500,Model:64 4-Door Hardtop,Body:57B 4-Door Fastback,Police Interceptor,390 CID,330 HP,P-Code FE,Solid Lifters,Cast Iron Shorty Headers,Autolite 4100 C4AF-9510-DG Carb,Mustangs Etc.Manual Choke,3 Speed BorgWarner T85 Overdrive Transmission,4.11:1 Differential,Kelsey Hayes Severe Service Wheels,PerTronix Ignitor III HEI,60,000 Volt PerTronix FlameThrower HC Coil,Frantz Oil Cleaner,Chantilly Beige
JCAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 02:27 PM   #23
JCAllison

Quote:
Did you take her to DAIRY QUEEN last nite and she got you a double-size TEXAS ONION RINGS?
Hey Mr. K,
No. Onalaska isn't big enough to have a DAIRY QUEEN, and I don't eat fried fast food.
Quote:
Hope you feel better JC.
Am not quite back to normal, but compared to last night, am MUCH better, thank you.

This episode is going to put me way behind. The Lawns need mowing, but it's too wet to mow. But everything happens when it's supposed to happen.

Will let you know how it goes.

Take care.

JC
Ms. American 3.14159,1964 Ford Galaxie 500,Model:64 4-Door Hardtop,Body:57B 4-Door Fastback,Police Interceptor,390 CID,330 HP,P-Code FE,Solid Lifters,Cast Iron Shorty Headers,Autolite 4100 C4AF-9510-DG Carb,Mustangs Etc.Manual Choke,3 Speed BorgWarner T85 Overdrive Transmission,4.11:1 Differential,Kelsey Hayes Severe Service Wheels,PerTronix Ignitor III HEI,60,000 Volt PerTronix FlameThrower HC Coil,Frantz Oil Cleaner,Chantilly Beige
Old 06-27-2019, 04:37 PM   #24
Nite-owl

Hi there,

Thirsty Lady has a QDS too. For two reasons: Anti Drain over long periods of nothing and Anti Theft. That the choke is replaced doesn't mean that there are not other parasitical currents. Just keep in the habit of disconnecting everytime you park. That will also keep the terminals clean.

Did you over do it with the L van H's front sheet metal caper and thus caught a bug?
Hope it passes soon.
Y'all take carre now y'hear.

Mel
Nite-owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:27 PM   #25
JCAllison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-owl View Post
Hi there, Thirsty Lady has a QDS too. For two reasons: Anti Drain over long periods of nothing and Anti Theft.
Hey Mel,
THERE YOU ARE! Had thought just recently that I hadn't seen a post by you for a while.
Quote:
That the choke is replaced doesn't mean that there are not other parasitical currents.
You MAY be right.
Quote:
Just keep in the habit of disconnecting everytime you park. That will also keep the terminals clean.
Want to run an experiment by removing the QDS, and see if it might remove some resistance in the Ground Line to the Block, and thus make Ms. American's Starter more eager.
Quote:
Did you over do it with the L van H's front sheet metal caper
Don't think that THAT had much to do with this one day agony. BUT, by the time that the Sheet Metal Center Section was OUT, and sitting on the Bench I WAS a little overdone, but wasn't over the line.
Quote:
and thus caught a bug?
As mentioned previously, don't think that this was a bug. With flu, or a cold there's congestion. Runny nose. Sore throat. Itchy eyes. Coughing, phlegm, and etc. Had none of that.

This episode was confined to the Digestive Tract. Nothing else was affected.
Quote:
Hope it passes soon.
The last four hours of checking temperature every twenty minutes has it sitting solidly at 98.6! But am still having a slight nagging "sickie" feeling. Blood Pressure is also looking REALLY GOOD.
Quote:
Y'all take carre now y'hear. Mel
The problem NOW is that I've slept most of the day, and am not sleepy! Have some meds that promote sleep, but they make the next day dull. Am going to have to figure out how to keep all the sleep today from altering the circadian rhythm, because the work on Lorrie HAS to be done in the cool of the morning. Am thinking of not going back to sleep till maybe midnight. Then be up at 5:00 in time to feed the Felines.

Also, because of having no appetite, and having fasted all day, am really low on Energy&Focus. Am feeling enthusiastic about spiffing up Lorrie's Sheet Metal Center Secton.

YOU take care too.

JC
Old 07-02-2019, 07:14 AM   #26
JCAllison

Hey All,
Saturday, July 2, 2019, Morning Update:

Was out and about yesterday in Ms. American. Had to get a Blood Test and Medication Prescription. Had to go to the Pharmacy. The old Gal performed FLAWLESSLY.

Will be getting out again this morning. Have to have some Insurance Documentation printed out, then go to the Post Office. Then to the Pharmacy. Then to the Grocery Store. Then to the Insurance Agency to cancel the Vehicles' OLD Insurance. Then to the SAYCO Hardware for a roll of Duct Tape. Can than head home.

Earlier, the Weather Guessers were saying that there would be Thunderstorms on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Then they changed that to Tuesday and Wednesday. Today they are saying just Wednesday, but the T-storms won't happen till late in the afternoon.

Am going to have to be getting out on Wednesday to the Bank.

Ms. American seems to be happy being driven more. She has a little bit of roughness while warming up, but her Idle is MARVELOUS.

Will keep you all updated if, when, and as progress occurs.

Take care everyone.

JC
Old 07-02-2019, 08:09 AM   #27
KULTULZ

Thumbs up Re: The GREAT Ms. American 3.14159 Daily Driver Diary Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCAllison View Post

Hey All,

Saturday, July 2, 2019, Morning Update:

Earlier, the Weather Guessers were saying that there would be Thunderstorms on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Then they changed that to Tuesday and Wednesday. Today they are saying just Wednesday, but the T-storms won't happen till late in the afternoon.

JC

WEATHER GUESSERS ... Now that is an appropriate description.

I remember as a kid when the percentages came into play with regards to TV weather forecasting. It should simply state 50/50 as it either will or won't.

Guess you survived your earlier onset of skitters and are now doing well ...

- DISCLAIMER -

The above posted information is in my opinion only (IMO) and may contain copy and paste material(s).

In addition, any above tech information is supplied in good faith. No responsibility implied or otherwise can be accepted for the way others use or interpret provided data.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:41 PM   #28
JCAllison

Quote:
WEATHER GUESSERS ... Now that is an appropriate description.
Hey Mr. K,
It never ceases to amaze me that the Weather Guessers, with their literally billions of dollars worth of cutting edge technology are unable to accurately predict the weather any better than I can just by looking out the window, or opening the door. The have been times that they were warning of SEVERE WEATHER, recommending that one take shelter in an inner room, stay away from window, and if one has a Cellar to retreat to it, and don't come out till they say it's safe.

There was an occasion when a Tropical Storm, that they said could turn into a Hurricane was about to hit Houston, Texas. I happened to get an E-Mail from a friend who sent a JPG of the STORM DAMAGE from that event. It was a picture of his front porch on which was a Rocking Chair, and next to the Rocking Chair was a can of Dr. Pepper that was lying on its side with a small puddle of Dr. Pepper that had spilled out of it. He estimated the damage at abut $.19!
Quote:
I remember as a kid when the percentages came into play with regards to TV weather forecasting. It should simply state 50/50 as it either will or won't.
I don't watch TV as it will do to your mind what smoking does to your lungs, but I remember back at a time when I did watch the NEWS, which included the Weather Report, and actually the Weather Report was the BEST part of the evening NEWS because every station had a REALLY foxy chick, wearing super sexy clothes, and having the NICEST hair-dos, and one didn't get distracted by anything like information about atmospherics, precipitation, or humidity while they were on camera
Quote:
Guess you survived your earlier onset of skitters and are now doing well ...
Am feeling MUCH better, thank you. BUT, am finding that I'm really low on Energy&Focus. And because the first few days of every month, there are things that need attention it takes about a week to recover.

I have a Rich Uncle who sends me money that I loaned to him when I was much younger, and it needs dispersing to the people who supply water, electricity, sewer service, phone, Internet, and insurance.

Plus, there is always a Blood Test, and Prescription Medication which has to be taken care of. And there's also the acquisition of stuff to eat. This entails a lot of walking and standing, and just wears me out.

BUT am all caught up for the month already, and so tomorrow, there will be a short visit to the BANK, and then will be able to get back to working on Lorrie Van Haul's Sheet Metal Center Section.

Have been out and about in Ms. American for the last two mornings, and will be out tomorrow again.

She is doing MARVELOUSLY! Just wish she would start more enthusiastically. Am going to do as you suggested: Clean&Tighten the Electrical Connections.

There is a BRAND NEW Starter here on the Shelf, and if servicing the Electrical doesn't help, am thinking of either trying to install the NEW STARTER myself, or have Wesley Smith at Smith Auto Electric put it in for me. Will have to wait and see.

But for now, the old Gal will be taking me out and about tomorrow, and then we're all set for maybe two weeks. We'll just have to wait and see.

Hope YOU are doing well. Take care.

JC
Old 07-02-2019, 03:30 PM   #29
KULTULZ

Post Re: The GREAT Ms. American 3.14159 Daily Driver Diary Caper

Just a thought, you know how to perform a VOLT DROP TEST and STARTER DRAW TEST, correct? Might save the trouble and expense of replacing the starter motor.

I am doing well with what little I have left to work with ...

- DISCLAIMER -

Old 07-02-2019, 05:44 PM   #30
Nite-owl

Hi theere,

Quote:
Just a thought, you know how to perform a VOLT DROP TEST and STARTER DRAW TEST, correct?
Well, I don't. Please go ahead and teach me (us).

Mel
Nite-owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:39 PM   #31
KULTULZ

Question Re: The GREAT Ms. American 3.14159 Daily Driver Diary Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-owl View Post

Well, I don't. Please go ahead and teach me (us).

Mel
Us? Who's us? You got a mouse in your pocket?

Yes, I am an a-hole ...

Here is a basic tutorial- https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/A...e-Drop-Testing

Combine this with the correct year SERVICE MANUAL for your car. GEN Systems are a little trickier as they rarely keep the BAT up to snuff.

- DISCLAIMER -

Old 07-03-2019, 07:30 AM   #32
JCAllison

Quote:
Just a thought, you know how to perform a VOLT DROP TEST and STARTER DRAW TEST, correct?
Hey Mr. K,
Have done that in the past with Randy over at FordForumsOnline mentoring the procedure, but I've slept a number of times since doing it, and couldn't just go out and do it again without being reminded on how it is done.
Quote:
Might save the trouble and expense of replacing the starter motor.
At this point, am leaning toward the problem being the Electrical Connections. The GROUND Cable Connection MIGHT be a little "iffy". Am going to remedy THAT to begin with.

Some time ago, Lorrie Van Haul was having unenthusiastic starting. Installed a NEW Starter, and THAT made all the difference in the world. Lorrie's Starter is a breeze to replace, as it is right on top of the Flywheel. Ms. American's Starter is down underneath, and entails taking the Center Link Bracket loose from the Frame to get the Steering Linkages out of the way. Then there is getting the Starter into the Hole in the Transmission Back Plate without the Bendix locking up. Have come up with a way to do that that is pretty ingenious. Will have to expostulate on THAT method should the time come that the NEW Starter just HAS to be installed.
Quote:
I am doing well with what little I have left to work with ...
Some quotes on THAT subject:

"Aging in NOT for sissies!"

"I'm not good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was!"

"What I used to do all night, now takes all night to do!"

The BEGINNING of each month takes about three days to get everything set up for the rest of the month. Am going to be getting out and about for the third time in a row today. This will set up the Month, and we can then work unimpeded on Lorrie Van Haul's Sheet Metal Center Section.

Had a pretty good night's sleep last night, and am feeling PRETTY good. Should be able to take care of a number of housework, and maintenance issues.

Weather Guessers are saying Thunderstorms beginning around noon. Will have Ms. American take me out and about before then, and we should be COMPLETELY done by about 10:30 a.m., so she won't have to be out in the wet.

Will let you know how it goes.

Hang in there.

JC
Old 07-03-2019, 09:01 AM   #33
all american boy

Mr Allison

I traveled around the US for 14 years up to 3 years ago.

Where is Onalaska,TX? What is it near?

Are you any relation to the racing Allison's?

Have a nice day.

'Yes it has.Before I was a multi-millionaire.'-Quote
all american boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:56 AM   #34
JCAllison

Quote:
Originally Posted by all american boy View Post
Mr Allison, I traveled around the US for 14 years up to 3 years ago.
Hey Mr. AAB,
Have done a bit of traveling myself.

Once rode a 1967 Kawasaki MachIII from Houston to St. Louis, to Chicago, to Seattle, to San Diego, to Las Vegas, to Phoenix, to El Paso, to Austin, and back to Houston. Took four months, as there was not hurry, Stopped in little towns along the way, My home town, Greybull, Wyoming, and between El Paso, and Austin rode through a Hurricane that was dying in Central Texas.There was no place to stop, as there was no place open. Ran out of Gas. Stopped at a house, and the guy gave me the Gas out of his lawnmower!
Quote:
Where is Onalaska,TX?
It is at the East End of the Highway 290 Bridge across the MIGHTY Trinity River.
Quote:
What is it near?
It is 33 miles East of Huntsville, Texas, the Capital Punishment Center of the World. It is just another 13 mile to Livingston, Texas, where the Texas Death Row is located. Know that THAT is a dubious claim to "fame", but there's nothing else that the area is known for, other than being in the Sam Houston National Forest, the WORLD'S Largest Pine Tree Forest.
Quote:
Are you any relation to the racing Allison's?
No, but once on an airplane going to Dayton Beach, Florida, the guy sitting next to me heard the Flight Attendant call me "Mr. Allison", and this guy said: "I thought you looked familiar!"
Quote:
Have a nice day.
For sure. YOU too.

JC
Old 07-03-2019, 12:09 PM   #35
all american boy

Hello Mr Allison

'1967 Kawasaki MachIII'

My buddy had one in the 80's.Crotch rocket.Tennis ball green I think.

Just a Saturday rider.Lots of fun.

'33 miles East of Huntsville, Texas'

Makes me think of Huntsville AL . Some kind of aerospace thing there.

You said 'back to Houston'.So you are near Houston generally?

Near the gulf.East side of Texas?

Did not get down to Houston much.That other place down there.

That New Braunfel is a suburb of.San Antonio! That's it!

Plus Laredo.Fun place(stayed this side of the border.ALWAYS!)

And El Paso.Always fun there.

You are talking to somebody that owns Ruddock shirts.The best!

Have a nice day

Bob

Old 07-03-2019, 02:08 PM   #36
scicala

Quote:
Where is Onalaska,TX? It is at the East End of the Highway 290 Bridge across the MIGHTY Trinity River.
Quote:
What is it near?
"It is 33 miles East of Huntsville, Texas, the Capital Punishment Center of the World. It is just another 13 mile to Livingston, Texas, where the Texas Death Row is located. Know that THAT is a dubious claim to "fame", but there's nothing else that the area is known for, other than being in the Sam Houston National Forest, the WORLD'S Largest Pine Tree Forest."

Online maps are your friend.

Sal
scicala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:26 PM   #37
JCAllison

Quote:
Hello Mr Allison
Hey Mr. AAB,
Quote:
'1967 Kawasaki MachIII'. My buddy had one in the 80's.Crotch rocket.Tennis ball green I think.
I had TWO of them, both Metallic Black. An EARLY 1967, which was stolen. Insurance replaced it with a LATER 1967 model which had some modifications that were a bit more sophisticated.

The Engine was a Three-Cylinder, Two-Stroke of 500 CCs. HOT little Engine. Smoother than a Honda Four-Cylinder, Four-Stroke of 750 CCs. The Honda had a power stroke every 180 degrees. The Kawasaki had a power stroke every 120 degrees.

At the time I was driving a 1967 Fiat Abarth OT1000 Bertone Spyder. Was in a shopping center when I heard what I thought was a Ferrari V12 at maybe 8,000 RPM. Looked around and here came a Kawasaki MachIII. It was love at first hearing!

It was a DANGEROUS MURDERCYCLE. If the Throttle was WIDE OPEN in First, Second, Third, or Fourth Gear when the RPMS got to 5,000, there was no way to keep the Front Wheel on the Ground other than shut down it down.
Quote:
Just a Saturday rider. Lots of fun.
It was chain drive, and had Fish Oil in Front Forks. It was Kawasaki's first serious entry into the world off Murdercycles. They KNEW it was DANGEROUS... So what did they do? They made a 750 CC Three-Cylinder, Two-Stroke!!!
Quote:
'33 miles East of Huntsville, Texas'. Makes me think of Huntsville AL . Some kind of aerospace thing there.
I believe so. But NASA is in Clear Lake, just South of Houston.
Quote:
You said 'back to Houston'.So you are near Houston generally?
At the time I was living in Houston. Owned an Advertising Agency (Mediassociates), a Modeling Agency (The Mob Modeling Group), and a Commercial Art Studio (Prelude Art). Had earlier in life been a Musician. Was raised in Ontario, California, and worked as a studio musician in L.A., and Hollywood. In 1968, I was married, and went through a divorce. Shut down the businesses, went on the MachIII Pilgrimage, got back to Houston and went back into the Entertainment Industry. Own the AllisonWonderland Concert Lightshow. Had a TV show in Houston and Lubbock, Texas called "Sensatiation". See here:

http://www.branam.com/video/sensatiation.shtml

That's me on the Right in the photograph. Onalaska is 100 miles North of Houston.
Quote:
Near the gulf. East side of Texas?
Am 160 Miles North of Galveston.
Quote:
Did not get down to Houston much.That other place down there. That New Braunfels is a suburb of.San Antonio! That's it!
That's West of Houston in what is called "The Hill Country". Beautiful area. Near San Antonio, San Marcos, and Austin.
Quote:
Plus Laredo. Fun place(stayed this side of the border.ALWAYS!)
Have passed through there on the Rock&Roll Concert Tour Circuit.
Quote:
And El Paso. Always fun there.
El Paso is the last stop before going into New Mexico on Interstate 10 to California.
Quote:
You are talking to somebody that owns Ruddock shirts. The best!
Just Googled Ruddock Shirts. So you're in El Paso? That's quite a ways from here.
Quote:
Have a nice day. Bob
For sure. Hope YOU are doing well. Got a LONG weekend coming up? I'm retired, and life is an eternal weekend!

Take care.

JC
Old 07-03-2019, 04:42 PM   #38
all american boy

Hello Mr Allison

'1967 Fiat Abarth OT1000 Bertone Spyder'

I will look that up.We had a '59 Bianchinii.The same car that George Lucas almost killed himself in when he was a kid.The license plate number on his was THX 138.That is why he uses THX for sound system name in his movies.
I think he bought mine.Because two 'old guys' came and looked at it when I sold it.They took one look and just bought it.No questions, no haggling.

' been a Musician' What instrument? What albums did you play on?

Last edited by all american boy; 07-03-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:54 PM   #39
all american boy

Continued.

'"The Hill Country"

Yep.Like the maps on the plaques at rest areas.

'Just Googled Ruddock Shirts'

I mean the old ones they don't make any more.High quality fabric in conservative patterns.'Country'.Shirts are only sold sized.Carried at quality country clothing stores.Like the one smack in the middle of town at the crossroads in 'Bricktown' neighborhood of Amarillo.Think that is the city.

'Hope YOU are doing well.'

Yes Quite well.Never better! Thank you sir.

Happy 4th of July to you!

Old 07-04-2019, 08:33 AM   #40
JCAllison

Quote:
Hello Mr Allison, '1967 Fiat Abarth OT1000 Bertone Spyder'
Hey Mr. AAB,
There were two Abarth's at Rudy's Fiat dealership in Houston. The son of Red Adair, the Oil Well Fire-Fighter got one, and I got the other. It was a GREAT little car. Good looking, and the one liter engine had a red-line of 8000 RPM. It was head and shoulders above anything in its class at the Dickenson Drag Strip.
Quote:
I will look that up.
It had the same body as the Fiat 850, but Abarth had tweaked the Engine, added an Abarth Exhaust System. It was a screamer. Had also bought an 850 for my wife. The Abarth was RED, the 850 was British Racing Green.
Quote:
We had a '59 Bianchinii.
The Bianchinii was more like Mini.
Quote:
The same car that George Lucas almost killed himself in when he was a kid.The license plate number on his was THX 138.That is why he uses THX for sound system name in his movies.
Strange bit of minutiae there.
Quote:
I think he bought mine. Because two 'old guys' came and looked at it when I sold it.They took one look and just bought it.No questions, no haggling.
When I got divorced, the settlement gave the Abarth to my ex-wife. She sold it to a guy in Houston. He had it sitting out in front of his place of business. Someone stole the Wheels&Tires off of it, leaving it sitting on the ground. Then the next week, they came back and got the rest of the vehicle. The guy my ex sold it to came to visit me, thinking that I might have been the thief. I wasn't. Don't know what ever happened to it.
Quote:
' been a Musician' What instrument?
Guitar, Keyboards, Violin, Drums. Had been a classically trained musician when a young child. Was a Violinist with the Long Beach Junior Philharmonic Orchestra at the age of eight.
Quote:
What albums did you play on?
Back then, there wasn't the system that there is today. The Tape Recorder had just been invented (Middle 1950s), and the only people who made "Albums" were like Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Perry Como, Tony Martin.

I was a junior in high school when Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Little Richard appeared on the scene. There was at that time (1956), the mania of making a HIT record.

Everything was on 45s (Little Disks with a big hole in the middle).

So anyone who could afford a couple of Ampex 1/4" Tape Decks started a Recording Studio.

There were lots of guys who had the funds to pay for studio time. They were called "Talent Scouts", and they would find kids that played and sang. They would bring the kids to a studio, and have them record a couple of songs, which were called "Demos".

They would then take the Demos around to the various recording company (Capital, A&M, Decca, and etc.) and try to get them to record their hopeful rock stars. Each studio had a roster of musicians that would be used to record the Demos. I happened to have gotten a reputation as one of the people who the Recording Studios could call on to provide backing for the Talent Scout's kids.

As for having played on any "hit" records, probably the best known was by Gary Paxton, who released the song "Ally Oop", which was supposedly done by the "Hollywood Argyles", though there really wasn't a band called the Hollywood Argyles. The Demo for "77 Sunset Strip", AND "Kookie, Lend Me Your Comb" was done at the Henry Russel Studio where I worked.

There were other musicians at the time who later became actual "Stars", who started out as studio musicians. Probably best know was Glen Campbell, Gene Vincent, Eddie Cochran, Richie Valens, Jimmy Bowen, and Jeane Black.

The gaggle of unknowns included Dave Dillard, Bud Coleman, Jerry Brock, Bob Walker, Gene Dodson, Richard Kinkaid, George Cardin, and others who were not performers, but competent musicians like myself.

If you'd like to hear some of my stuff, click here:

https://ourstage.com/profile/allisonwonderland/songs

It was never about becoming famous. It was more about being an artist.

Anyway, later in the 60s, I invented a "Vusic" Instrument (called a Crystalume)which was used to do the AllisonWonderland Concert Lightshow. It made "visual music". It is an instrument, not automated. It has to be "played". There are now a number of them. One in Dallas, who is owned by Kent Skinner. Another in Atlanta Georgia, owned by Jeane Champion (The EyeDream of Jeane), and of course I have the ORIGINAL one.

For examples of the Vusic made on the Crystalume, see here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP8...able_polymer=1

Anyway, this is all way off topic for here which probably doesn't make any difference.

Am hearing Thunder in the West. Am gong to get the Computer off the Electrical Grid because of the lightning.

Hope you have a GREAT fourth. Take care:

JC